Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Banned

Default Waves Will Be AAX Native Only.... NO HDX SUPPORT

Why did you lock my first thread? It is not speculation. I was told by Waves that they will be supporting AAX Native only. Waves is probably the biggest plugin company out there and you don't think the Pro Tools community deserves to know that they will not be supporting HDX.

If I am wrong and they announce HDX support at NAMM. I will never post another message in this forum. (Just another reason to hope they announce HDX support...lol)
Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Waves Will Be AAX Native Only.... NO HDX SUPPORT

Apparently speculation is now a ToS violation.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 01-10-2012, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Apparently speculation is now a ToS violation.
Everything is apparently a violation of ToS.

DUC Terms of Use - Avid Audio Forums Rules

Considering the real-time nature of the Avid Audio Forums bulletin board (BB), it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

Although Avid does not and cannot review all messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete part or all of any message, and the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Avid Audio Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:47 AM

Not that I want to start re-heating this thread but a quick question: has anyone actually found any statement from Waves about AAX ... I mean any AAX? I am looking at their website for the last two days and cannot find a single thing about AAX...All their plug-ins are "TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU". And I am asking for official links not rumours and hearsays.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion777 View Post
Not that I want to start re-heating this thread but a quick question: has anyone actually found any statement from Waves about AAX ... I mean any AAX? I am looking at their website for the last two days and cannot find a single thing about AAX...All their plug-ins are "TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU". And I am asking for official links not rumours and hearsays.
here you go: http://support.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=4375

Waves has been acting funny for some time now regarding Digidesign/Avid. They were big starting with Venue when it first came out but then soon started to develop ways for other manufacturers of Live Sound digital boards to also be able to run Waves plugins. And then they developed their own "near zero latency" solutions for using plugins. So for me it seems fro some stupid reason they might think they are no longer in co-operation but competitors? This is pure speculation of course from my part.. but if this is true, then I see no way Waves will "win" anything.. people are going to go with HDX that is for sure and if they will not support it they will loose money. Or, well, will not get the piece of the pie.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 AM

Thanx Digidesigner! Totally missed it...
Closed Thread