Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Default PT9 sample rate problem when loading sessions

Hi. My first post, so please go easy!! (I just crossed over from Sonar after 15 or so years!! )

Missed this in my signature, but running in Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit

Since installing PT, I have a problem in that whatever my MOTU clock is showing as sample rate, if I try to open a session in a different sample rate, it gives me an error message like
could not complete the open session..command because while translating Audio Engine settings.

When I close PT, and then re-open the file, it opens as normal.

What I notice, at this point, is that as I close PT, the MOTU 896mk3 clock LED indicator changes to that session sample rate. When I open it again, of course the MOTU is set accordingly.

This happens every timen I switch between a 44.1, 48, 96k session.

I know some might say ONLY useone sample rate, and stick to it, but is that correct, or is there a potential fix? It seems that the MOTU might have something to do with this, but I cannot figure what. I have tried setting the MOTU to force Word Out, as well as use the System Clock.

ALSO (new topic, one file that was recorded in 96KHz sends a scaringly loud high frequency signal to my ouputes. I have all I/O set for my MOTU but cannot seem to stop this, it is JUST this particular session that it happens with, and it was originally recorded in a PT HD system (Apple).

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much in advance, Mick.

(PS. The last issue was fixed by PT Tech support (for free).... but I cannot contact them now without paying for a new case credit. I did try to pull my case details by email, but it shows nothing.... PLEASE don'tmake me go back to Cakewalk!! )
Twin Xeon processors
64GB DRAM
Apollo Quad + satellite
Multiple Enterprise class SSDs (mixed use endurance)
Solid State Logic Nucleus.