Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2000, 03:01 PM

Default Waves Plugins only showing up in AudioSuite???

All,

I have a problem! After happilly buying and installing the NPP1 Waves bundle, Imate Griffin and all, I have the Waves Plugins only showing up in AudioSuite!! NOT IN RTAS!!

Any one dealt with this??

HELP!!
Old 05-23-2000, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Waves Plugins only showing up in AudioSuite???

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I can't believe I did this one all by myself!

For any one that may have this problem in the future, just delete the following files:

System\preferences\DAE:
Plugin Params
Installed plugins

System\preferences\PTLE:
Pro Tools LE 5 preferences

System\preferences\Waves:
C1 preferences
L1 preferences
Qn(10s) preferences
Waveshell-RTAS preferences

then restart ProTools, wait for about 2-3 minutes, and voila!!

You get another chance to say "don't ask me again",

and it works. Both Audiosuite and RTAS are available!

[This message has been edited by link (edited May 23, 2000).]
Old 05-24-2000, 09:57 AM

hey link,
I'm still having trouble with waves. Can you tell me what machine/speed/os, etc you are
using.Also, did you download the latest imate driver from the griffin website?
Old 05-24-2000, 10:50 AM

Most of the problems with Waves are because of the dongle and the iMate. I also believe it's related to USB - since you're doing a USB to ADB conversion.

I had continous problems with the iMate being intermittent and having to constantly trash the prefs to get it to work (sometimes having to trash 2 or 3 times) until I used the "fiddler" app that you can download from Griffin. Try lengthening the "timeout" parameter (the lower one of the two parameters) to give the signal more time to be recognized by the hardware.

I'm using the 1.9 driver and have my timeout set to 30 (whatever units it is) and it now works every time. I believe by default the timeout is set to 15. Just nudge it up a few units at a time until it starts working. Mine works reliably in the range of 27-35, hence I have it at 30.

OS 9.0.4 also seemed to help with USB issues, but I had it working fine with OS9. I didn't have the fiddler app when I was running 8.6, so I don't know if it will work with that.

Also, the iMate seemed to be intermittent on two different USB hubs that I tried, but I've heard of some people having success with a USB hub and the iMate/dongle. I now have it plugged into the 2nd keyboard USB port. Even with a 3' USB extender on the keyboard, it works 100% now.

------------------
LW

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 05-24-2000, 01:12 PM

Bentley,

My dongle has actually worked 100% from the start. I am using the 1.9 Imate driver downloaded from
http://www.griffintechnology.com

My setup is G4, 450mhz, 256mb Ram, 28gig extra audio HD, Belkin 4-port USB...OS 9.02

IWilliam,

where are those 'fiddler' timeout settings you reffered to? And did you use that application instead of 1.9 or in addition to it? I've never had an issue with the USB/Imate dongle stuff, but in case I do, I want to know where to look for a solution.

link

[This message has been edited by link (edited May 24, 2000).]
Old 05-24-2000, 01:42 PM

I'm using 1.9 driver which has two user-adjustable parameters. Those parameters can be adjusted by the fiddler program. I don't have it in front of me, but what you do is run the fiddler app against the driver file. It "permanently" sets the parameters in the actual driver file that you use.

The parameters are adjusted with two sliders. The "timeout" or "timing" parameter is the lower of the two. Once you've set it, you just run the driver as normal.

I did this at the recommendation of the Griffen tech support manager. It totally solved the reliability problem for me.

------------------
LW

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 05-24-2000, 02:24 PM

Thanks, LWilliam!
Old 05-24-2000, 04:35 PM

BTW, if you ever need to get back into the Waves dialog without trashing pref's, hold down the space bar during startup....

Sean H

Scofield...
Old 05-27-2000, 07:44 PM

Just be carefull...

If you try to install another individual plugin the Waves installer will delete your Waveshell RTAS to put a new Waveshell TDM (inside plugins folder)!

Just keep that piece of cake in a safe place...