Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2009, 11:34 PM

Unhappy Can flying have an effect on my Computer?

Guys I need help!!

I can back from Argentina a few days ago and I tried using Pro Tools and it won't even appear to load. That's how bad my situation is. I was wondering if anybody knows whats going on. Can flying back and forth from another country have so much effect that certain things can't run and if so what is the problem. I launch Finale and no problem, I launch Reason and there's no problem. Guys I'm stumped.

Thanks
George
Old 07-05-2009, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Can flying have an effect on my Computer?

It is difficult to know what your issue may be but here are two things to consider:

1) Hardware change
2) Software change.

1) Incase your machine took a knock........ In device manager, is everything as it was? Does your machine still see all of the RAM, have corect information for graphics, CPU etc? Reseating components may help, get some one that knows what they are doing (or do it yourself if you are confident enough) to pop the lid and reseat everything for you (RAM/CPU/Cards/Cables/Connectors/Power).

2) Has any software been added/updated on your system? For example IE8? Internet explorer 8 is known to not play nice with pro tools LE and can stop it loading up. If you have added or updated software, try uninstalling them, one at a time, until you find the culprit. If you can't remember what you have installed, or in any way feel unsure, you can always use system roll back to take you back to a point in time where pro tools still launched, ie before your holiday.

It may be the the stuff above may help, if so hooray, if not you may want to get a professional take a look at your machine. If all else fails you may need to reinstal pro tools, perhaps try trashing your preferences first.

HTH