Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2008, 02:59 PM

Default HELP!! PT6.1 setup PROB while LOADING HARDWARE DRIVERS

Hi!! HELP!!!

Ive been using Pro Tools 7 for a few years on my DIGI002R and its been great but heres the problem...

I had to REINSTALL my operating system because a sytem driver crash but anyway... THE PROBLEM IS when Im RE-installing Pro Tools 6.1 on my win XP PRO the COMPUTER FREEZES (I cant move the mouse or anything) while the "LOADING DIGIDESIGN HARDWARE DRIVER" screen comes up ....??? WHY ???

I remember this problem a few years back when I installed PT for the first time,,, but now I have forgotten EXACTLY what to do.... it was sooo long ago,, shall I just WAIT until the drivers are loading does it really take a n hour or is it something else thats wrong...???

Heres my computer setup:

ASUS K8N-DL
AMD 2x265 Opteron
1 sytem drive
1 Audio drive
Geforce Graphic card
4 1024 RAM ECC REG

Well the COMP SETUP isnt the prob because A FEW DAYS BACK EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE!!! Its like the problem comes from a setting in my newly installed Windows XP PRO that is back to default mode now when I RE-INSTALLED win xp and now are tryin to RE-INSTALL PT6.1 and then update it BACK LIKE IT WAS to PT7

PLEASE HELP!!! Why is the comp FREEZING in the middle of the PT6.1 installation ???

Thanks for all the help,, Im sure its a small thing that I forgot to do,, I followed all the tips in book but it doesnt work...

The ONE that will help me fix this,, I PROMISE I WILL SEND YOU MY NEW ALBUM FLASHBACK FOR FREE!!
Robeeo.com
www.myspace.com/robeeo
Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM

Default Re: HELP!! PT6.1 setup PROB while LOADING HARDWARE DRIVERS

Could it be a FIRMWARE problem,,,?? correct me if Im wrong,, the firmware is inside the DIGI002R right and not in windows so that cant have anything to do with the COMPUTER FREEZE problem when installing pro tools,,, right??

PLS HELP... I cant finish the PRO TOOLS installation,, my comp FREEZES (

Rob
www.myspace.com/robeeo
Old 05-19-2008, 04:29 PM

Having a hard time following you.
You say you use version 7 but you're installing version 6.1.
Why is that again?

Numerous reasons for 6.1 to crash on your machine. It was written before Service Pack 2 and dual core processors just to name a couple of possibilities.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:47 PM

Thanks! What I did was installed PT7 right away... why I didnt do it yesterday was because I thought I HAD to have PT6 first and then UPDATE to PT7... foolish me

Everything is fine and installed now BUT I still have ONE PROBLEM LEFT... please help...

the NEW problem is the following... (I think its a performance issue)

PROBLEM: When I hit play... the counter (in the TRANSPORT) isnt running smooth like it was before I RE-INSTALLED everything... its like there is something blocking it from RUNNING the beat counter (or what the name is) in the TRANSPORT nice and smooth... now its very "pausy" or "edgy" or what to call it,, its not a "constant flow" like it SHOULD BE

The music is playing and everything SEEMS fine except the COUNTER running badly...??? What could it be ??

Im running a AMD 2x265 opteron on a ASUS K8N-DL with WIN XP PRO SP2,,, can you please tell me THE MOST IMPORTANT settings I have to change for BEST performance,, maybe its something I missed to optimize with this NEWLY installed WINDOWS and PRO TOOLS??

THANKS for ANY answer!!
Rob
Old 05-20-2008, 03:56 PM

Have you been through the General Troubleshooting thread?

It would be helpful to have a Sandra report about your system.
What type of secondary audio drive is that?
Is your Firewire card compatible?