Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2021, 07:17 AM

Default Re: The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plug-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingtiger View Post
I'm on Windows and I've experienced this problem and it's annoying. In my case it happened mostly with Izotope plugins. It's been a while but if I remember correctly this was my solution:

1. Create a folder on the desktop and relocate the problem plugins temporarily to that folder.

2. Reopen Pro Tools to be sure the error is gone. Close Pro Tools.

3. Replace the plugins back to the plugin folder and reopen Pro Tools again.

In my case this would usually fix it though I seem to remember having to repeat the process occasionally. Regardless, I've always been able to get up and running again with this method eventually.

Good luck with it!

Thank you , but i doubt it will solve this .

In fact , when i open pro tools , i get this message with all these plugins involved. Pro tools asks me if i want to move them in UNUSED PLUGINS.
i choose "NO" because i always want Pro Tools to scan them .

If i do what you say , obviously the error will stop . (Because the first time , i chose to move them in unused folders and the error stopped) .

Moving them out and bringing them back will not solve that. But i'm trying that now and i'll let you know . Thank you for your reply !
Old 02-12-2021, 07:29 AM

Default Re: The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plug-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingtiger View Post
I'm on Windows and I've experienced this problem and it's annoying. In my case it happened mostly with Izotope plugins. It's been a while but if I remember correctly this was my solution:

1. Create a folder on the desktop and relocate the problem plugins temporarily to that folder.

2. Reopen Pro Tools to be sure the error is gone. Close Pro Tools.

3. Replace the plugins back to the plugin folder and reopen Pro Tools again.

In my case this would usually fix it though I seem to remember having to repeat the process occasionally. Regardless, I've always been able to get up and running again with this method eventually.

Good luck with it!

I did your trick , it didn't work ! Thanks anyway !
Old 02-12-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriedd View Post
Thank you , but i doubt it will solve this .

In fact , when i open pro tools , i get this message with all these plugins involved. Pro tools asks me if i want to move them in UNUSED PLUGINS.
i choose "NO" because i always want Pro Tools to scan them .

If i do what you say , obviously the error will stop . (Because the first time , i chose to move them in unused folders and the error stopped) .

Moving them out and bringing them back will not solve that. But i'm trying that now and i'll let you know . Thank you for your reply !
Yes, this is what happens when I've experienced the problem. Pro Tools always asks about moving plugins to the UNUSED folder when it can't scan them. Your description sounds exactly like what I've experienced. Too bad my fix doesn't work for you. I hope you find something that does!
Windows 11 Pro for workstations
HD Native PCIe
Lynx Aurora with LT-HD
Apogee
Mytek
Old 02-12-2021, 01:01 PM

I would contact the plugin vendors. My suspicion is it's a code signing/security/licensing flakey issue somewhere between Avid, iLok/Pace and the plug-in vendors. I suspect some plugin vendors support might be more responsive.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I don't really get what you say .

I upgraded from Pro tools 10 to 2020 by uninstalling pro Tools 10 and downloading via AVID LINK .

Windows 10 has nothing to do , since it's working well with all others programs , and i already did a clean install before installing all of these .

For my plugins , i chose AAX and VST3 since i'm using FL STUDIO too .
Uninstalling PT10 leaves behind a ton of stuff that didn't get uninstalled. It also probably left a bunch of issues in the Registry(unless you cleaned that out). Just trying to offer suggestions to help get you back to a working system

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-12-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Windows 10 has nothing to do, since it's working well with all others programs
Unfortunately that is not a valid point regarding PT. You need to follow compatibility requirements religiously, starting with the W10 build required
Old 02-12-2021, 05:51 PM

I've run into this before.

Usually opening Protools and letting it scan a few times weeds it out. Even with up to date plugins I find that Protools will sometimes throw an error on the initial update scan but then accepts it on subsequent runs.
RME, Daking, Heritage, ISA, Sytek

Old 02-12-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
I've run into this before.

Usually opening Protools and letting it scan a few times weeds it out. Even with up to date plugins I find that Protools will sometimes throw an error on the initial update scan but then accepts it on subsequent runs.

Hummmm . i'm trying to do that. I run it , then reboot my computer multiple times . I've done it more than 20 times since yesterday
nothin happened ....

Well i'm done ....