Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2023, 01:28 AM

Default Can't launch PT Ultimate "Signing in to your Avid account"

When I fired up the computer this morning Pro Tools started launching, displaying the "Ultimate" splash screen, then hung showing "Signing in to your Avid account". After a few minutes a blank white dialog box appeared over the splash screen.

I have checked iLok Manager, all my licences are present and correct; I have logged into to my account on avid.com, all good; I have re-booted the computer, no change.

I have tried clicking the red 'close' button on the empty dialog box but this makes no difference. I'm going to open case with Avid, keep re-booting and trying stuff, and hope I'm back on line soon - I have deadlines this week.

Any thoughts?
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike

Last edited by justinhill; 06-29-2023 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Can't launch PT Ultimate "Signing in to your Avid account"

Quit Avid Connect

Disconnect internet from your computer, you can restart this after Pro Tools has launched.

Relaunch Pro Tools.
Old 06-29-2023, 08:12 AM

Thanks, this worked.

Some sort of glitch I suppose.
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 06-29-2023, 08:32 AM

There was another thread with folks having the same issue. I’m glad that worked for you. I suspected Pro Tools was trying to “call home” via the internet to check for any cloud licenses before going to your iLok. There must be some kind of Avid server issues going on but I cannot confirm that. It’s pure speculation on my part. Turning off your internet forced Pro Tools to go straight to your iLok.
Old 06-29-2023, 04:44 PM

Glad you got it working For those that might still be hitting a wall, check these:
1-if you use cloud iLok, end and re-start your cloud session(personally, I prefer a physical iLok and will only use the cloud in a dire emergency)
2-open ILM and run the synchronize function on any iLoks you are trying to use(sometimes an update of PT or ILM will confuse things)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-01-2023, 02:23 AM

Having sorted one deadline and been able to quit PT, I can now say that the odd behaviour is still there but has changed so it's not nearly as annoying because I don't have to switch off Ethernet.

The blank dialog box now appears almost immediately; launch still stalls; but now if I click the red 'close' box on the dialog it goes away and PT continues launching normally.

I can live with this. Avid responded to my opening a case by asking for my Pro Tools log and System Profile. I haven't had time to do this yet but I'll try to get it done over the weekend.

I've never used the iLok cloud thing - I have actual iLoks. I confess I do have Avid Link installed and I even use it to download and install updates. I've never seen this behaviour before and I can't think of anything I've changed recently that might have caused it.
Old 07-01-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhill View Post
Having sorted one deadline and been able to quit PT, I can now say that the odd behaviour is still there but has changed so it's not nearly as annoying because I don't have to switch off Ethernet.

The blank dialog box now appears almost immediately; launch still stalls; but now if I click the red 'close' box on the dialog it goes away and PT continues launching normally.

I can live with this. Avid responded to my opening a case by asking for my Pro Tools log and System Profile. I haven't had time to do this yet but I'll try to get it done over the weekend.

I've never used the iLok cloud thing - I have actual iLoks. I confess I do have Avid Link installed and I even use it to download and install updates. I've never seen this behaviour before and I can't think of anything I've changed recently that might have caused it.
I recently upgraded and I went through the same thing.
Somehow the license was authorizing through the cloud and I've always used the iLok.

Switched my license back to the iLok and no more splash screens. Thanks DAVE

Old 07-04-2023, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
I recently upgraded and I went through the same thing.
Somehow the license was authorizing through the cloud and I've always used the iLok.

Switched my license back to the iLok and no more splash screens. Thanks DAVE
I'm having the same issue. Do you mean it was using iLok Cloud instead of your physical dongle or was something with an Avid Cloud service?
Big Sur 11.7.4, Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6, HD Native, 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 3.46ghz 12 core, 128GB RAM, Radeon RX 580, 970 Evo M.2, 860 Evo, and Angelbird SSD drives. All PT optimizations followed to the letter.

Ventura 13.2.1, Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, M2 Pro Mac mini, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:40 AM

I haven't bothered to move further with this issue since learning that Avid have recognised the issue and are working on it (technical alerts).

Yesterday I was recording all day. It took me 10 minutes to get Pro Tools to launch in the first place. During the day, the blank white box appeared twice while Pro Tools was actually running.

This morning, Pro Tools launched normally - so perhaps the issue is now resolved. If so, thank you Avid for dealing with it.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:15 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhill View Post
I haven't bothered to move further with this issue since learning that Avid have recognised the issue and are working on it (technical alerts).

Yesterday I was recording all day. It took me 10 minutes to get Pro Tools to launch in the first place. During the day, the blank white box appeared twice while Pro Tools was actually running.

This morning, Pro Tools launched normally - so perhaps the issue is now resolved. If so, thank you Avid for dealing with it.
Hi!
Yes, seems to have been fixed. Just waiting for confirmation from the IT team. Will update this post once confirmed.

Thank you,
-Tope

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com