Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM

Default Pro Tools Le 8.0 Blank "Welcome to Pro Tools Le 8" message - download link required

Hi there,

I have a registered copy of protools le 8 which was purchased in 2009 and installed OK on my old Desktop (win 7). I have purchased a laptop specifically to use Pro tools and my disk (although seemingly in perfect condition) will not install, I get a blank box and also hear some unsavoury clicking sounds!

after several attempts, forum searches, calls to the support team, waiting on hold, realising I don't have a ASC and WILL NOT pay extra after paying a wedge for the software in the first place! I am now at my Witts end please help!

I have noticed that the data2.cab file will not play ball, this seems to be the case with other BAD disks?

I am aware that there is a link that can be sent to me so that I can install again and start recording again. I would very much appreciate your help to get my software back up and running. A new disk would also be appreciated.

I look forward to your quick response.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Le 8.0 Blank "Welcome to Pro Tools Le 8" message - download link requir

i also have this same problem.. purchased eleven rack w/ PT 8.0.3 LE in January 2011. My old laptop ran Vista, had to buy a new laptop, but all new laptops come with windows 7 premium, which will not read my version of PT..
So, now that i've spent a thousand, not a year later, can't use it for what i bought it for..
open to suggestions, but at this point, i need a cd with at least version 9, not asking for 10 or anything i'm not entitled to, just need a version i can use with windows 7.
I have registered my copy of PT 8 LE, paid good money to use it, would like to continue using it without having to pay for it twice.. any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Scotty
Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 AM

Thumbs up Re: Pro Tools Le 8.0 Blank "Welcome to Pro Tools Le 8" message - download link requir

Update - I have just called Avid via the support contact page - http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact#pinnacle

changed region to UK and called the number - 44 (0) 1753 653322.
choosing option 2. The gentleman who answered checked my registration confirmed that version 8.0 will not work on windows 7 and is sending through version 8.04 download to my email

I have checked my email and it is in there waiting.

I will download tonight and fingers crossed it'll work fine.

it would be great to have the option via the website!

cheers.