Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2024, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Mixing/Editing Template Help appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
In my work flow I love Routing folders which have now completely replaced Aux sub busses and also lot of the grouping Simply because I can expand/collapse for viewing groups/types of instruments

Now for example since it just me recording me,.
I can say for instance , have one of my templates open with just the Acoustic Rhythm Guitar folder and the Vocal open ready to record arm and record .

And I don't have to mess around with showing or hiding groups to view the all the different folder groups. I just click the little folder icon to toggle them to expand or collapse

So here I ave 29 tracks and can have my mixer view in the large size and see my entire 29 track session with only my Acoustic Rhythm folder ( light blue and blue) and Vocal (magenta and purple) folders open for recording With the A Ld , E Ld , VI, and Drums, folders collapsed
And you can see that because the Routing Folders (dark grey) have inserts and sends , I am sending all of them to my M7 hardware reverb aux track

I think I should have a closer Look at Routing Folders. As of now I still use a lot of Auxes. For Drums I have 10 of them. But maybe I should just use Routing Folders instead of my Main Busses/Auxes like Guitars/Drums/Bass etc.

Heavy Greetz