Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2013, 11:11 AM

Default Eleven Rack blank window with Pro Tools 10

I open PT 10, with 11R plugged in, the 11R window comes up. However, it is blank - no amps/effects, nothing.
(rest of post is below)

Last edited by jamieguitar; 07-19-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: add details
Old 07-19-2013, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack blank window with Pro Tools 10

The problem, I think is that in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-In Settings", there is no Eleven Rack Folder - only Eleven Free. FYI, I just installed PT 10 after having PT 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've been at this all day!!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:29 AM

Some more info might help. Start at the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above.

The settings files should not matter.

By any chance did you try to manually install the Eleven Rack plugins over Pro Tools 10? (you do *not* need to do this on Pro Tools 10).

You did a fresh install on Pro Tools 10? Or was it an upgrade? Did you uninstall the previous version before doing this install? What exact version of Pro Tools 10? What exact OS? Is everything else working OK?

What standard debugging things have you tried? Try following the troubleshooting steps to delete databases and preferences under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page.

Are you using the Eleven Rack as an interface? Does it show up/work OK at that?

Darryl
Old 07-19-2013, 11:45 AM

Sorry, no I had not done the "Read this...". My mind is mush at this point. I will do that now.
By any chance did you try to manually install the Eleven Rack plugins over Pro Tools 10? (you do *not* need to do this on Pro Tools 10).
I did not try to manually install.

You did a fresh install on Pro Tools 10? Or was it an upgrade? Did you uninstall the previous version before doing this install? What exact version of Pro Tools 10? What exact OS? Is everything else working OK?
It was an upgrade from PT 8. But, because of issues I uninstalled 8. I have PT 10.3.6.

What standard debugging things have you tried? Try following the troubleshooting steps to delete databases and preferences under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page.
Again, I'll check this page.
Are you using the Eleven Rack as an interface? Does it show up/work OK at that?

Yes, as an interface. It does work for this.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:58 AM

• Dell 7i
  • Windows 7
  • Eleven Rack
  • PT 10
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Connected with USB
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest driver for the 11R, rebooted many times, found out through search that there are files missing in the DAE Plug-ins folder. No 11R plug-ins listed.
  • I deleted Pro Tools Databases and Preferences
  • updated graphics driver and network adapter driver
  • Deleted Pro Tools Databases and preferences
  • Disabled system startup items except Avid/Digidesign/M-Audio/PACE

Last edited by jamieguitar; 07-19-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: add details
Old 07-19-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieguitar View Post

It was an upgrade from PT 8. But, because of issues I uninstalled 8. I have PT 10.3.6.
I know it was an upgrade but *exactly* what did you do when you installed this?

What do you mean you uninstalled Pro Tools 8? You mean you tried to unisntall Pro Tools 8 after after installing Pro Tools 10? Ouch, don't do that. You cannot unisntall Pro Tools 8 after Pro Tools 10 is installed over the top of it, that will remove parts of Pro Tools 10. Which may be just what happened. If you did that then start over fresh, try running the Pro Tools 10 uninstaller. I would also manually remove everything else (plugin folders, anything else you can find, etc.) and then do a clean full install of Pro Tools.

Make sure you are running Windows 7 SP1. if you have any more problems please post a Sandra report as well.

Make sure you do all the recommended systems optimizations after installing Pro Tools.

Darryl
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 PM

Thanks, Darryl. I'll do what you suggested. Yeah, "ouch". I think that was a big mistake and leaves a lot of work to redo this whole thing. I really appreciate you taking the time here!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:28 PM

Check Device Manager, choose Show Hidden Items. Does anything from Avid Eleven Rack show up? are their multiples? If so, try deleting everything Avid Eleven Rack. TURN OFF the PC and the 11R. Then restart the PC and install the latest driver. Restart, this time turn on the 11R.

Re-Check Device Manager, make sure you are not getting multiple Eleven Rack entries.

Completely uninstall PT 10.3.6. Restart, and re-install.

Open PT, what happens? Do you get the on-screen editor? Check in Setup>MIDI> Input Devices, is the Eleven Rack checked?

You mention the DAE/Plugins Settings folder, that is not the folder that has the on-screen editor files.

You want Program Files (x86)>Common Files>Digidesign>DAE>Plug-ins (not plugin settings)

Once in that folder, do you have these files?

11R On-Screen Editor files.jpg

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM

Thank you Darryl and Benoni. It's a wonderful thing that you were here to help me and almost right away! I cannot possibly express how appreciative I am.
I uninstalled PT 10 and 11R driver. Reinstalled. All is good now.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 PM

Benoni - I had put "settings" accidentally. I was in the right folder, and no, those files were not there. After the reinstall of PT 10 and the driver for 11R, they are there now.
Again, thank you!