Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 01:01 PM

Default 002 r constantly connects and reconnects iteslf?!

People, I have a problem that occurred after leaving a PTLE session open for 15 minutes...when I came back I got a message PTLE cannot communicate with the rack...ok, so I try to reconnect it, but the problem persists...and I have no other option to terminate the program but to shut it down..I then restart the computer and all my peripherals, I open the same session, the Digi002r works ok for 10 minutes, and then the sample rate led starts blinking at irregular intervals, and I hear tiny 'tzak, tzak' sounds, the rack is reconnecting itself..in the meantime the same message in PTLE, but when the rack manages to establish the connection everything works fine again...this is really frustrating...any idea what it is...? my firewire port is the one on my Emu 1212 card, everything worked perfect for almost 3 months, I have en external usb hard drive, an MPX 5560 lexicon connected via SPDIF, behringer virtualzer pro, alesis clx 440 compressor/limiter/expander, rocktron chameleon preamp, alesis ra 150 amplifier and tannoy reveal speakers, a decent hp desktop /2,8 GHz with 1 GB RAM/...please tell me you have heard of a similar problem before and that there is a reasonable explanation for this, I would really hate to have to send the 002r for repair, i need it now more than ever...thanks in advance!
Old 11-21-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: 002 r constantly connects and reconnects itesl

yeah, now it's constantly clicking, I guess it's the power supply problem...this is wonderful! I have a deadline to meet tomorrow...i can't believe this
Old 11-21-2004, 01:25 PM

can someone please explain what is actually the problem and would changing the power cable help?
Old 11-21-2004, 01:37 PM

The actual AC power cable isn't the problem.

Most likely, the problem is a flaky connection on the power harness - a bunch of wires connecting the power supply to the several boards inside the unit. Digidesign has been sending replacements, or replacing them under warranty, but several users have had the problem return.

So, for the handy, I suggest opening the unit, unplugging and re-plugging the various connectors from the power supply. This has woken up more than a few 002 and 002R with symptoms such as you describe. Of course, you do this with the unit disconnected from AC power.

If you're not comfortable opening things up, contact Digidesign.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:53 PM

Just call digi service, they send you a new DC harness cable with a nice install manual. It's a common problem on da 002r. I had same problem some weeks ago.

Cheers
Bossi
Old 11-21-2004, 01:59 PM

thanks guys, i will have to wait until tomorrow, for the time being i am stuck with Sonar...hell, it's good to have some backup!
Old 11-26-2004, 09:40 AM

Hi there,

Finaly I found something familiar to my problem.
I have the same problem with my digi 002.
I am trying to get some help from my seller and digidesign but in this two weeks there is no response.
Please let me know what happened with your digi002R.
Or how did you fix it.
Thanks a milion.
P.S. Talking about back up.Fortunately I have Mbox too, so I just reconfigured my I/O walla everything is back.