How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2015, 08:42 AM

Default Trouble with Activation/License [SOLVED]

Hello All.
I'm installing Pro Tools on my iMac for the first time. I'm new to using Apple as a platform so it may just be lost in translation. I purchased Pro Tools form the Avid website and downloaded everything. I've got my iLok activated. But when I try to open Pro Tools it says the license isn't there. iLok's application doesn't show it either. Does anyone know where/how I find my activation code and license information in my Avid account?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Trouble with Activation/License

Here's a few screenshots of what I keep encountering:

Last edited by SharkeyFlies; 12-31-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeyFlies View Post
Hello All.
I'm installing Pro Tools on my iMac for the first time. I'm new to using Apple as a platform so it may just be lost in translation. I purchased Pro Tools form the Avid website and downloaded everything. I've got my iLok activated. But when I try to open Pro Tools it says the license isn't there. iLok's application doesn't show it either. Does anyone know where/how I find my activation code and license information in my Avid account?

Thanks in advance.
When you registered PT (you did do that right?) did you put in your iLok account name (not the iLok serial number but the account name) so Avid could deposit the license asset in your account? You need to do that and then login to your iLok account and sync your iLok with the account so you can download the license asset onto your iLok.

Further make sure that your iLok is plugged in all the time. Does your iMac have USB3 ports? If so they have been shown to have issues with iLoks. You need to purchase a powered USB2 hub and plug the iLok into that and the hub into your computer.

QAPLA!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
When you registered PT (you did do that right?) did you put in your iLok account name (not the iLok serial number but the account name) so Avid could deposit the license asset in your account? You need to do that and then login to your iLok account and sync your iLok with the account so you can download the license asset onto your iLok.

Further make sure that your iLok is plugged in all the time. Does your iMac have USB3 ports? If so they have been shown to have issues with iLoks. You need to purchase a powered USB2 hub and plug the iLok into that and the hub into your computer.
Hi Jack - Thanks for the response.
It appears my PT is registered - it says it's Active. I bought it online and had to log in to my Avid account to download it. It also says my iLok is linked. It appears that it's just not downloading the license info on to the iLok. Is this the part you're suggesting is the USB3 issue? That the USB3 may be what's preventing the communication necessary? Cheers.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post

At least this is where I'm seeing that it's linked.

Last edited by SharkeyFlies; 12-31-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:35 AM

Download ILOk License manager if you haven't already and login there, move the PT12 license along with the annual plan if you have one to your ilok and sunc it afterwards, then start PT and see if that helps. PT doesn't download any license to your ilok key, that is done in the ILM

The screenshot of linked ilok has nothing to do with licenses from Ilok.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-31-2015, 12:05 PM

Welcome to the community.

You deposited your licenses to the iLok account that uses your email address (not the one you are referencing in this thread). Please remove your empty iLok2 from the account referenced in this thread and sync it to your other iLok account, then activate your licenses using iLok License Manager.

(You might also want to remove the screenshots and other references to your iLok User Name from this thread.)
Old 12-31-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post

You deposited your licenses to the iLok account that uses your email address (not the one you are referencing in this thread). Please remove your empty iLok2 from the account referenced in this thread and sync it to your other iLok account, then activate your licenses using iLok License Manager.

(You might also want to remove the screenshots and other references to your iLok User Name from this thread.)
Thanks. I removed the screenshots. As for the iLok account. I'm sorry if it sounds silly - but are you saying I need to log in to iLok using my email address that is associated with my AVID account?
Old 12-31-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeyFlies View Post
...are you saying I need to log in to iLok using my email address that is associated with my AVID account?
Yes, that's the one you also used for Pro Tools First and that's where you deposited your new licenses. You can also update the "Default" iLok ID in your Avid account here.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post

Ok - I've logged in with the email associated with my account. Now it gives me the option of loading the license but then tells me that my iLok is not owned (it is). The details on it in iLok License Manager say it's owned by me....