Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2002, 02:10 PM

Default CS-10 controller on Freq/ Bandwidth/ plug-ins???

Has anyone using a CS-10 control surface gotten the Boost/Cut, Frequency, or Bandwidth knobs to do anything in Pro Tools?

I've got the plug-ins highlighted (blue highlight on the plug-in window, red hightlight on the track name) but nothing happens when I send those control messages. Not even trying it with the simplest 1-Band EQ from the DigiRack plug-ins.

Thanks,
Leigh
Old 06-27-2002, 02:31 PM

Default Re: CS-10 controller on Freq/ Bandwidth/ plug-ins???

They work for me. You have to assign an eq plug in (parametric) to a channel and open the plug in. then arrow around.

click an arrow after opening the plug in. then the knobs control the parameters (of all plug ins) from top to bottom on the plug in and from top to bottom, left to right on the controller. it's kinda neat once you figure it out, it did take me awhile.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ckerian:
click an arrow after opening the plug in. then the knobs control the parameters (of all plug ins) from top to bottom on the plug in and from top to bottom, left to right on the controller. it's kinda neat once you figure it out, it did take me awhile.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK, thanks, it's the arrows I wasn't getting. I'm programming a Kenton Control Freak to emulate a CS-10, and I had no idea I'd need to include the cursor switches. Once I added that, I was able to page down to different sets of plug-in controls.

Also, I've made a little utility to display the switch mode (which is cycled through with the "Master Status" switch on the CS-10). It may be helpful in keeping track of what's going on.

Download the Pro Tools Mode Display for free at:
www.netspace.org/~leigh/max/

Leigh
Old 06-28-2002, 08:02 AM

cool. ya got one for a JL Cooper fadermaster?
Old 06-28-2002, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ckerian:
cool. ya got one for a JL Cooper fadermaster?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The utility should work fine with any surface programmed like a CS-10. I believe that includes the Fadermaster. All it does is look for the message:

BFh 08h 7Fh

...which is spec'd by Digi as the Mode switch in the MIDI Control Surfaces guide. It then cycles through a list of the 6 modes:

Mute (Default Mode)
Recall Memory Location
Track Selection
Track Record arm
Target Channel Strip (For Pan, FX and Send levels)
Solo

So give it a whirl!

Leigh