Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2008, 12:34 AM

Default Help ! upgraded to LE 7.4cs3 and lost some Plug Ins

I just updated to LE 7.4cs3 and I lost access to a bunch of RTAS virtual instrument PlugIns.
One of my favorites KORG LEGACY DIGITAL EDITION with wavestation and M1 show up in the digi ProTools PlugIn alias folder and in the "Library->Application Support->Digidesign->Plug-Ins" folder but when you try and insert it (M1, Wavestation) as a virtual instrument it's not listed.
I checked the list of (digi) approved plug ins and these are on the list.
I went to KORG and updated to the latest drivers thinking that may help but still have the same problem.
It works fine in "stand alone mode" but does not show up in track inserts virtual instruments Plug Ins pull down list.

I had 7.3.1 and everything worked fine .........anybody have any idea's what I could try to get my RTAS virtual instruments plug ins back in Pro Tools .......I mean, they are there....just not available.....
Old 03-30-2008, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Help ! upgraded to LE 7.4cs3 and lost some Plug Ins

well.... I feel like an dumba**.
I went to a previous session where I used this plug in and I saw that it was listed (wavestation)as a plug in on several tracks. I also noticed that I was using it (Korg wavestation)as an insert on a "stereo" instrument track.
When I closed the session and opened up a new session and created a "stero" instrument track....there it was....listed in my virtual instuments. It dosn't show up in a "mono" track because it's a "stereo" plug in.
I'm posting this (at my expense ) for the benifit of any others who may experience a "similar" problem.
Many times when we have a problem we (when I say we, I mean me) tend to "jump" over the basic stuff being convinced that it's much more complicated than it really is.
I just hadn't used this plug in for a while and decided to use it right after doing an LE update to 7.4cs3 so I assumed it was a update problem.
Sometimes its good just to get away from it for a while....then come back with a clear head.
I'm sure I'll have more problems in the future ....but I'll try and take my own advise first.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Help ! upgraded to LE 7.4cs3 and lost some Plug Ins

Thanks for following up and letting us know you resolved the problem. It's always good to know that a problem has been solved and it really is useful for people who might have a similar problem (who might find your post in a search, for example) to see how you worked it out. Sorry that none of us was able to suggest that simple solution, but I'm happy to read that you figured it out.