Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2010, 05:26 PM

Default Need to get drum loop to match sesssion tempo?

Have a sound effect of a marching drum band. Their tempo isn't perfect but pretty well in time. It isn't WILDLY far off from the session I want to import it into. I want it to match my session, not the reverse. The SFX track kind of fades in so I want to cut it to a downbeat and somehow get it to lock in to what I'm doing. Probably basic but never done it....

Any help appreciated!

TH
Old 10-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Need to get drum loop to match sesssion tempo?

Get it in time with itself, 4 bars for example so it loops seamlessly. Then shrink or stretch that section snapping to the grid. Super easy with Elastic audio or the TCE tool.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Need to get drum loop to match sesssion tempo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hartman View Post
Have a sound effect of a marching drum band. Their tempo isn't perfect but pretty well in time. It isn't WILDLY far off from the session I want to import it into. I want it to match my session, not the reverse. The SFX track kind of fades in so I want to cut it to a downbeat and somehow get it to lock in to what I'm doing. Probably basic but never done it....

Any help appreciated!

TH
What Audiogeek said, but only if your session is setup on a grid? Or you will need to beatmap it. Search the DUC!!