Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Default New computer and major problems - HELP!!!

Just purchased Macbook Pro with OS X 10.4.10. I have an M-Box 2, an M-Audio O2, and a My Book external hard drive. I reformatted the external hard-drive and it is recognized by Pro Tools. I went to the Digi site and downloaded PT 7.1.1 and I also went to Propellerhead and downloaded Reason 3.0.4 along with Rewire for Mac.

I opened up Pro Tools and started a session. 2 Audio tracks and one Instrument track.
I record a voice to audio track one, it records for 10+ seconds and then stops and I get this message:
"CPU usage is holding off USB audio. Remove some plug-ins, delete some tracks, or increase the "H/W buffer size" in the playback engine dialog (-6104)"

Audio is coming in from M-Box 2, CPU usage is at 80% (stock settings) and I only have one track armed with no plug-in's. I arm the second track and record for about 40 seconds, then get the same message.

Additionally, I have loaded all the extra plug-in's that came with PT, including Expand. When I go to the instrument track and click on the inserts and get the Multi-mono, Multi channel (or whatever it says there) and on the first one there is no listing for "Instrument", on the second one I get the Instrument listing, but the only thing in there is the "Click" track, no Reason, Expand, etc. Do I need to do something special for this? Do you think it is a Rewire issue?

When it comes to computers I'm not very knowlegable, and I know very little about Mac's, so I'm sure this is something simple like I have to drag something into something else, or I just need to change a setting.

ANY ADVICE would be greatly appreciated at this time. Yesterday I had a 5 year old computer that was too old and slow to run PT properly, today I have 2 and am $3K more in the hole!

SOMEBODY....PLEASE.. laugh at my dumbness, but give me some clues as to what to check.

Your humble servant,
Dan'o :{