Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2024, 02:01 PM

Default In awe with carbon system

So we have in the studio a complete Carbon system (the Carbon main + 2 Carbon Pres) and i can tell you its one of the best out there.

- 24 remotable high quality preamps
- 24 ad/da where you can insert hardware withou having to manually compensate for latency
- dsp, but even if you dont use dsp you can get down to 1.4 ms rtl at 32 samples of buffer size and united with an M1 Pro Macbook pro, amazing.
- converters are one of the best I've heard.

The only thing that it is a little dissapointing is how leds lights up, but well you can't have it all.

Amazing system, good job Avid.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:22 PM

Default Re: In awe with carbon system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
So we have in the studio a complete Carbon system (the Carbon main + 2 Carbon Pres) and i can tell you its one of the best out there.

- 24 remotable high quality preamps
- 24 ad/da where you can insert hardware withou having to manually compensate for latency
- dsp, but even if you dont use dsp you can get down to 1.4 ms rtl at 32 samples of buffer size and united with an M1 Pro Macbook pro, amazing.
- converters are one of the best I've heard.

The only thing that it is a little dissapointing is how leds lights up, but well you can't have it all.

Amazing system, good job Avid.
Great to hear AVB is working reliably at small buffer sizes!
Old 02-26-2024, 07:47 AM

Default Re: In awe with carbon system

i can only agree. i bought the 2x pre to add to my carbon when it came out and i am so happy i did.

it just works. and it sounds really good.

haven't had any problems really. i'm still on 2023.6 since everything is working so good.

honestly the best recording system i've ever had since i started in the late 90s.