Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2023, 10:10 AM

Default Re: "Subscription License EXPIRED" error

They refreshed my license on the backend and I activated it on iLok Manager. No idea why this would happen in the first place but that fixed it!
Old 10-11-2023, 10:54 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlWils View Post
I'm having this same issue, I'm getting a license expired message despite being on the subscription plan and up to date on payments. Pro Tools Studio appears in My Products as active but the software can't find an active license on iLok or Avid Link.

Please help! I'm on deadline and this is so frustrating! I've tried all the advice on signing in and out of cloud sessions, re-installed Pro Tools, etc. I noticed that posting here helped some people so hoping that works for me, too. Submitted a case last night but haven't heard anything.
Hi AlWils - We apologize about the inconvenience. I saw your case 04692693 and our support representative sent you an update. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 10-11-2023, 01:27 PM

Sorry, just saw this. The gave me these instructions:

Hi Brian,

Thank you for contacting Avid Global Customer Care.

Upon checking your Avid account "[email protected]" I can see that you have Pro Tools Artist 1-Year Subscription with System ID: 51805815 and it shows that this license is activated to your ILok cloud that's why it only shows your Pro Tools Studio Perpetual license.

Please try to refresh or synchronize your ILok cloud here's how:

1.) Open your iLok License Manager app on your computer (if you don't have the app yet, follow this link to download and install for free: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...icense-Manager).
2.) Sign in on the app using "brianhaymond" as the iLok username/ID.
3.) On the top left, you should see a "File" button, click that.
4.) Click "Open Cloud Session" then you can launch your new Pro Tools.

If the option only allows you to "Close Cloud Session" it means it's already Open, so go ahead and Close it and then Open it again just so the system refreshes. It is best to do this every time before launching Pro Tools.

Mac Studio M1 Max, Focusrite Clarett2Pre, Sennheiser 416, sometimes Beta Tester for iZotope