Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2009, 02:57 PM

Default DIGI'S support not even Christmas to answer a customer who ask for you

I am not asking too much,is really rude from you keep this silence after 3 or 4 days waiting just for an answer, could be many wanting use different interfaces MBOX Pro and 003 for example, wht i have to do to get a normal behaviour from you. You are The Support not the Nice and Helping people in the forum,if you don't have an answer Okay but you can tell that. I really hope know about you.
Regards.
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 12-22-2009, 03:42 PM

Default Re: DIGI'S support not even Christmas to answer a customer who ask for you

flautista, you need to realize that this is not the "official" way to get support from DigiTechSupport. It's kind of like standing outside the bank yelling at the building... If someone opens the window, they might hear you and be able to help. But if not...

Usually, we should look at it as a little bonus that DTS drops in here and gives support when they do...

If you really need help on a technical issue, you need to call them and go through that hassle.. I know that's not fun..
Old 12-22-2009, 04:51 PM

Default Re: DIGI'S support not even Christmas to answer a customer who ask for you

Thanks i 'll wait their answer.
But if they sign here as Digi TechSupport I can expect SUPPORT if not they should sign as Webmaster or whatever, Tech Support means Support...

Funny thing the post can't update any more ! a new issue
I7 950
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 12-23-2009, 04:19 AM

[QUOTE=flautista;1518330]Thanks i 'll wait their answer.
But if they sign here as Digi TechSupport I can expect SUPPORT if not they should sign as Webmaster or whatever, Tech Support means Support...

mmmmm.....

Merry Christmas
I7 950
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 12-23-2009, 05:03 AM

[QUOTE=flautista;1518669]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flautista View Post
Thanks i 'll wait their answer.

mmmmm.....

Merry Christmas
Ummm....no. You should contact them through the online tech support or customer service support area.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:06 AM

Flautista, please listen to us, we are trying to help you. This is not a tech support forum. Although there are many here who offer up tech support for free, they are not employees of Digidesign. This is the Digi USER Conference. DTS may occasionally chime in with a "Post a Sandra" or a "Read the FAQ" or a "It's coming soon," but you cannot possibly believe that Digidesign has only one person that's solely responsible for the tech support for their entire company and that person just pokes in and out of a public forum without any kind of formal issue submission system?

No matter what you believe you are entitled to, any and ALL tech support inquiries should be taken to Digi's online tech support section or call tech support on the phone if you want to talk to an official Digidesign representative.

You are barking up the wrong tree; You are not ENTITLED to help on here as a customer. If you want to talk to tech support, hit up the proper tech support avenues and good luck solving your issues!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:52 AM

This is the Digi USER Conference.

Said that in response to your ORIGINAL post on the same subject.....One thread will do nicely!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Flautista, please listen to us, we are trying to help you. This is not a tech support forum. Although there are many here who offer up tech support for free, they are not employees of Digidesign. This is the Digi USER Conference. DTS may occasionally chime in with a "Post a Sandra" or a "Read the FAQ" or a "It's coming soon," but you cannot possibly believe that Digidesign has only one person that's solely responsible for the tech support for their entire company and that person just pokes in and out of a public forum without any kind of formal issue submission system?

No matter what you believe you are entitled to, any and ALL tech support inquiries should be taken to Digi's online tech support section or call tech support on the phone if you want to talk to an official Digidesign representative.

You are barking up the wrong tree; You are not ENTITLED to help on here as a customer. If you want to talk to tech support, hit up the proper tech support avenues and good luck solving your issues!

I Know this is DUC,and nobody of us is Entitled as you said to claim something,but if they sign as Tech support is not strange that i make a technical question, then if they are not Techsupport and is not their job Okay No complains,but is not too much they make it clear if some one like me or another believe they are part of Tech support , but ignore people when the ask for help not seems to me the best, i wasn't rude or something, whith one " this is not my job " call the official tech support would be enough, I can understand that, I saw many many people here bother for the same thing , i appreciate all the helping people in the DUC But is easy too be nice and give an answer just for say not correspond to me call right Tech Support. So Now i know,is enough for me, only i wanted to say is not hard be gentle,thanks for your time and make it clearer for me
I7 950
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 12-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Avid

Flautista -

If I may take a moment to fill you in on exactly what it is I do here, and elsewhere within Digidesign, it may help to understand why you may not get direct help from me/us here on the DUC.

My primary job here is to identify posts that may turn out to be major issues, bugs, etc. I look through as many posts as I can to find ones that look very problematic. If it's been covered 1000 times here on the DUC, it's unlikely to get a response from me, as the answers are already here and the poster just needs to take a bit of time to find them or wait for answers from other users.

What I'm looking for are the really ugly bugs and problems. Once I think I find one, I have to test it, write it up and get it submitted for a fix. I also need to work with program management and engineering to prioritize bugs for any particular release, give input regarding the overall feeling on the DUC regarding certain issues and participate in new product meetings where I help determine which features new users may want most. I also write up answerbase and knowledgebase articles, Read Me's, etc. to help customers looking for solutions to their problems.

Many of the fixes/improvements you see in 8.0.1 and 8.0.3 are due to my work here on the DUC. I could spend all my time trying to answer every question that comes up, but I think that would detract from getting the bigger picture issues taken care of so that the problems don't come up in the first place.

I'm sorry if you don't feel like you were served properly here. We definitely indicate in the Help Us Help You thread that, if you absolutely want a response from Tech Support, you should use the support request form.

I hope that helps your understanding of my role here a bit better.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:47 AM

+ 10!!!!