Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2011, 05:43 PM

Default Getting EZ Drummer Plugin Recognized in PT8

Man this is frustrating to the limit. I installed PT 8 on a system that already had Toontrack EZDrummer installed. I was able to create an instrument track, and access EZD no problem. I subsequently installed some beta versions of Native Instruments of Battery 3 and FMB8.

My EZD no longer showed in in the instrument plugins. I tried re-installnig ESD. Didn't work. Tried Re-installing PT 8 (and that is is a major hassle on Windows 7 I could scream), and that didn't work. I removed ESD and re-installed, doesn't work.

Where does PT look to find what plugins are available? EZD works find through Toontrack Solo, so its seems like its a PT problem, but this has to be some registry, file residue, or DLL nonsense going on here......
Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Getting EZ Drummer Plugin Recognized in PT8

Aaaarghhhhhhhh

I just found the problem. I was trying to insert into a mono instrument track. EZDrummer will only be visible as a plugin when you try to insert into a stereo track.

Wasted 2 days on this. Head/Door/Bang/Repeat
Old 02-14-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier View Post
Aaaarghhhhhhhh

I just found the problem. I was trying to insert into a mono instrument track. EZDrummer will only be visible as a plugin when you try to insert into a stereo track.

Wasted 2 days on this. Head/Door/Bang/Repeat
Haha, I can't count the number of times I did this. I pretty much branded it into my head now. STEREO INSTRUMENT track!!!

Win 7, PT 9, 11 rack, superior drummer 2.2, Gibson guitars, yamaha bass, Dimebag washburn
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2