Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2014, 07:02 PM

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

I am having an issue. I just purchased Pro Tools 11 upgrade from PT 10 and the iLok2 and when I log into the iLok License Manager, I am getting License Surrender issues. Is there any thing I can do??

My lok2 account is eddiedingle.

I purchased both and can't get PT 11 up and running. Very disappointing.

Please help.

Thank you,
Chris
Old 05-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieDingle View Post
I am having an issue. I just purchased Pro Tools 11 upgrade from PT 10 and the iLok2 and when I log into the iLok License Manager, I am getting License Surrender issues. Is there any thing I can do??

My lok2 account is eddiedingle.

I purchased both and can't get PT 11 up and running. Very disappointing.

Please help.

Thank you,
Chris
Everything looks fine on your iLok account, the Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle was surrendered, and the Pro Tools 11 Bundle with 11 and 10 shows as activated on your iLok. If it is not showing that in the iLok License Manager, try downloading the latest version of ILM and installing that.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:45 PM

Same mistake made here. I bought the wrong upgrade. Now both of my ilok licenses (the PT10+9 combo, and PT11) are un-accessable.

I emailed ilok tech support asking them to please reset my account, or cancel the surrender license attempt, so that I can re-access my PT10+9 combo license.

I'm holding off on Pro Tools 11 and continuing with Pro Tools 10 until I upgrade to an avid-qualified machine that supports PT 11.1.3, so I'm returning my PT 11 upgrade purchase.

In the meantime, I have to return to operating Pro Tools 10. I haven't installed the Pro Tools 11 download yet, so PT 10 is still active on my machine. I just need to re-gain access to my PT 10+9 license combo so that I can relaunch the software.
ATI Radeon HD 4850
1 TB internal
Digidesign-qualified G-technology, 7200 RPM external drive
snow leopard 10.6.2
Pro Tools LE Mbox 2 mini 8.0.3
Old 06-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilgod22 View Post
Same mistake made here. I bought the wrong upgrade. Now both of my ilok licenses (the PT10+9 combo, and PT11) are un-accessable.

I emailed ilok tech support asking them to please reset my account, or cancel the surrender license attempt, so that I can re-access my PT10+9 combo license.

I'm holding off on Pro Tools 11 and continuing with Pro Tools 10 until I upgrade to an avid-qualified machine that supports PT 11.1.3, so I'm returning my PT 11 upgrade purchase.

In the meantime, I have to return to operating Pro Tools 10. I haven't installed the Pro Tools 11 download yet, so PT 10 is still active on my machine. I just need to re-gain access to my PT 10+9 license combo so that I can relaunch the software.
It doesn't look like you bought the wrong upgrade, it looks like you haven't installed the license on your actual iLok yet.

You don't have to install Pro Tools 11, you can just use your new license to authorize Pro Tools 10 if you want to do that.

The Pro Tools 11 Bundle (which includes both Pro Tools 11 and 10) shows up as Active on your iLok account.

That means it is available to be installed on your iLok 2.

See the Avid Support How To Video Series link at top of the forum to see if you are following those steps.

Make sure you have downloaded the current iLok License Manager from www.iLok.com

Installed that, and done a Sync/Repair on your iLok.

You must have an iLok 2 (the rectangular one, not the original key shaped one).

Also see this thread in the Pro Tools 11 forum:
Sticky: How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11

It also has instructions for Pro Tools 10.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:45 PM

Hi Bruce

Thanks for jumping in here. That was fast. Ultimately, I definitely followed the steps outlined in the video, as well as the steps pasted earlier in this thread and other similar threads.

Definitely have the ilok 2, downloaded the ilok license manager, did a sync/repair, etc. Once I went to surrender the PT 10 license, and activate the PT 11 license, they both became grayed out in the ilok license manager software, and were in limbo. I couldn't select them, activate them, deactivate them, surrender them, etc. I would get the error message that "one or more licenses couldn't be found in my account" or something similar; whatever the message was that others in this thread have posted.

In the end, though the surrender could have probably been executed, I am electing to keep PT 10 for now because my computer is not on the Avid list of qualified machines to run PT 11. I downloaded the PT 11 trial while all this ilok stuff was happening just to see how it worked, and it was very glitchy and didn't output audio (even after ensuring that my I/O settings were appropriate). I will wait on PT 11 until I have a machine that is clearly qualified on Avid's site as being compatible with PT 11.

I will say this: my issue occurred Sat afternoon, so I lived with it over the weekend. Come this morning, Monday morning, Avid tech support and ilok tech support were in communication with me by 9am local time, and the problem was resolved within 30 min. Very, very pleased with the prompt response to my help tickets. The last time I had a PT issue, back in 2009, support was much much slower to react. 5 years later, complete difference. Thank you Avid and ilok.
ATI Radeon HD 4850
1 TB internal
snow leopard 10.6.2
Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM

Also, thank you Bruce.
ATI Radeon HD 4850
1 TB internal
snow leopard 10.6.2
Old 06-25-2014, 09:14 AM

Hi Guys.

I'm in a similar bind.
I have just bought Pro Tools 11 HD in exchange for my Pro Tools 10 and my complete production Toolkit licenses, but when my iLok License manager asks me to "surrender" PT10 and CPTK over- iLok only registers CPTK eventhough Pro Tools 10 is clearly visible in my account.
I just wrote the iLok guys and tried to write Avid directly but the "Force-site" that they direct their support through is down and isn't working.
Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 6.16.14 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 6.16.36 PM.png
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
-Bo Asdal
Old 06-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by boasdal View Post
Hi Guys.

I'm in a similar bind.
I have just bought Pro Tools 11 HD in exchange for my Pro Tools 10 and my complete production Toolkit licenses, but when my iLok License manager asks me to "surrender" PT10 and CPTK over- iLok only registers CPTK eventhough Pro Tools 10 is clearly visible in my account.
I just wrote the iLok guys and tried to write Avid directly but the "Force-site" that they direct their support through is down and isn't working.
Attachment 2328

Attachment 2329
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
-Bo Asdal
Hi Bo,

Apologies for the delay, I was traveling this week and didn't have access to take care of this until now.
It looks like you selected the Pro Tools 10 + CPTK upgrade to PTHD 11 when you actually have a Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle license.

Login to your account using iLok License Manager, and activate the Pro Tools 10 license I deposited to your account.
This will require the surrender of your Pro Tools 10+9 bundle license.

Once you have done that, you should be able to surrender that Pro Tools 10 license along with your CPTK license when you activate your new Pro Tools HD 11/10 Bundle license.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:11 PM

I Purchased an upgrade to PT11 from PT10.3.9 today & I'm unable to activate it and surrender license. Please help
Kind Regards M
Old 07-01-2014, 10:17 PM

It looks like after spending sometime trying to buy the upgrade, somethings is still amiss. My ID is markfrei. Please get me back on line. I'm taking a week of my real job to complete a project and alas it looks like I have no PT access at all anymore :-(