Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM

Default Re: PT 2024.3 | Released

So right away, I'm having an issue with the "import settings" button in the IO setup. Importing io results in beachball, and requires a force quit. Have tried with several IO templates and this is the case for me all around. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround?
Old 03-10-2024, 05:23 PM

Sharing some thoughts about the new features...

I do find it strange that there is no way to write the MIDI data to a track from MIDI FX like similar to MIDI realtime-properties. How could the newest MIDI process in PT have to be rendered in real-time? It seems antiquated to have to wait for MIDI data to bounce.

Well agreed that Avid partially missed the point about the tabs at the bottom of the window. It's great that they can now be moved onto a separate monitor but we still don't want to see them while working at all!

Just hoping for MIDI playlists in the next release!!! Most important missing MIDI feature :)
32 GB unified memory
1TB SSD storage
Ventura 13.6.4
Old 03-10-2024, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Marble View Post
Yikes, where did the M-Audio Keyboard protocol go??
Yes, just upgraded and it's gone. At least my Akai MPK249 still controls Xpand! as far as playing the synths, but I lost transport controls. Not sure why that was removed, and it's not mentioned anywhere in the release notes.
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 03-11-2024, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshuajusic View Post
In other good news, I just quit PT and it didn't tell me it was forced to quit. Old nagging bug seems fixed.
I spoke too soon.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:25 AM

It happens on both wav and mp3. If I increase the buffer size, the problem can disappear, but not yet tried it on enough tracks to see if having max buffer size - because that's what it is currently taking - is a consistent solver of the problem. I'm on HDX, no hybrid processing.
Old 03-11-2024, 06:09 AM

This is a weird one that's new and very concerning for me with 2024.3

Recording to an audio track without first selecting a time region to record to produces a wav file that is not recognised as an audio file by other apps. I've tried Snapper, Zynaptiq Triumph, Zynaptiq Myriad to open the wav file and all fail to open it.

If a time region to record is set prior to initiating recording the wav file produced is recognised by the other apps.

The files that fail to open in other apps behave as expected in the Pro Tools session as far as I can tell.

Recording a track from one or more other tracks via a bus also has the same result so it would appear, at least on my system, that if you record without first setting a time region the wav produced is dodgy.

I'm on M1 Mac Studio running PT in native AS mode and my sessions are at 96 KHz 24 bit and audio format is set for BWF(.wav). I haven't tried other sample rates or formats.

I've tried trashing preferences since the update but this made no difference to the outcome.

Can anybody confirm that this isn't just happening on my system?
Old 03-11-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
Yes, just upgraded and it's gone. At least my Akai MPK249 still controls Xpand! as far as playing the synths, but I lost transport controls. Not sure why that was removed, and it's not mentioned anywhere in the release notes.
Marianna from Avid noticed a few of us in this forum thread who are having this issue and created a support case for us (thanks Marianna). An Avid Technical Support rep reached out to me for some additional information which I provided yesterday. It appears this was just a bug and the M-Audio controller was not intentionally removed. Avid are looking into it for us…
M-Audio ProFire 2626
M-Audio Axiom 61 (Gen2)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3.0
Avid Control 2023.11.0.266
Old 03-11-2024, 06:15 PM

I just installed it and I have got heaps of popup windows referring to Ozone plug-ins.
It says this: "One of the files this plug-in needs cannot be found, please reinstall or contact technical support for assistance [0x7E] (attempting to load and then it says the plug-in).

It appears to be concerning my Ozone plug-in (mainly the RX plug-in).

Anyone got a fix that I can try?
Fireface UCX
Old 03-11-2024, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datkings View Post
Marianna from Avid noticed a few of us in this forum thread who are having this issue and created a support case for us (thanks Marianna). An Avid Technical Support rep reached out to me for some additional information which I provided yesterday. It appears this was just a bug and the M-Audio controller was not intentionally removed. Avid are looking into it for us…

cheers for this. Turns out they worked with me, and I don't need the functionality due to a work around and all is good.

As far as the upgrade goes, so far so good. I only had one weird anomaly that happened twice. PT hung on a plug-in, but after a force quit and re-open it's fine. Other took a long time to open a session that I had just been in moments earlier. I noticed Avid link was complaining about some plugs that needed updating, so I did that and all seems to be well.

Another issue was with S1, but I found the doc that gave the instructions on how to fix the issue and again, all is good. I don't know anything about the new midi features.

So for what I do, which mostly guitar, fretless bass, vocals, VI Drums, and some pads/keys, I have to say I'm happy with the upgrade. I'm just an old Tele/Les Paul guy who waits for the tubes to get good and hot in the amps before recording.

I didn't upgrade to 14.4 Sonoma and will wait for fix. I hear the issue has to do ilok (read in another post). All good here!
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 03-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee_Cruncher View Post
Is anyone else having issue with MIDI playback?
I have a simple session, WA Triaz(native) for drums, UA Electra and Diva. All on stereo Instrument tracks.

I've got a four-bar MIDI chord progression I recorded looped playing the Electra. Triaz is playing its own internal sequence. I am messing around with Diva on top of the other two and have not recorded anything yet. Almost every other time I switch presets on the other two instruments, Electra stops responding to the notes in the MIDI clip. There is also an instance of Scaler on a separate instrument track that I use to pull chords from, but is not playing anything.

It usually gets stuck on the first note then plays nothing. Sometimes it will start playing again mid sequence, some times it needs to be restarted... Some times it takes a few tries to get it play back the chord clip. I tried switching out Electra, still happens with other instruments from different manufactures.

I've tried switching from the MIDI out of the instrument channel from Chain to directly into the instrument. Same problem.

Mac OS 13.6.4, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB Ram - All instruments are up to date..... Why can't I edit my old signature?? lol
Hello there....

I sent you a direct email so please look out for it..... and respond back when you can.

Thanks

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com