Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2011, 06:10 AM

Default AAF Import Error

I've been running into the following error when trying to open/import AAF files recently:

"Could not complete your request because Error Reading AAF WAVE Data."

The AAF files were created in Nuendo 3.2.0 on a PC running Windows XP. The most curious thing about my problem is that I have successfully imported an entire other album worth of sessions exported from the same software with the same settings on the same system, and actually on the same day. The only difference between the sessions that will import and the ones that will not is that the sample rate of the working ones is 48kHz and the non-working sessions are 44.1kHz. I have tried both opening the AAF files directly and creating a new session and importing them. Neither work.

My AAF files all reference external media files; they are not embedded. Also, I double checked for long file names and illegal characters within the file names and everything looks ok (although I don't actually know what the limitations are in this regard). I have successfully opened these AAF files in Soundtrack Pro and in Logic (although Logic didn't really do a great job of it), so I know that the actual exporting of the AAFs was done correctly.

I originally tried to import these with Pro Tools 9.0.0 and then updated to 9.0.2 and this did not my solve my problem.

Another note, I am unable to export the sessions from Nuendo as OMF instead of AAF. For some reason, this process fails any way I try it, so that is not an alternative option.

Once again, I have successfully imported a whole other batch of sessions with no trouble whatsoever, so I can't figure out what is different here (aside from the sample rates).

My system is this:

13" MacBook Pro
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
OSX 10.6.6
Pro Tools LE 9.0.2
MOTU 828 Mk3 connected via FireWire 800

Any ideas?