Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 06:54 PM

Default McDSP Chrome Tone tape delay effect vs EchoBoy

Help,
I was wondering if anyone has used the tape delay effect in Chrome Tone
I am trying to get this effect !!

The effect Im interested in achieving is this
http://www.mcdsp.com/index.php?optio...1&limitstart=1

On the remix of Ricky Martin's new single "I Don't Care" featuring Amerie and Fat Joe, I used FilterBank F2 and the Tape delay setting in ChromeTone's chorus module to sweep the hook throughout the song. By automating the Lo Pass Frequency and resonance before it hit the Chrome Tone, I was able to create a sweeping Jamaican dub style sound reminiscent of some of Massive Attack's albums. The Label loved it so much they asked me to do a version of just 8 minutes of that effect with the track to include on the 12".

McDSP Chrome Tone tape delay effect vs SoundToys EchoBoy
--I was hoping I could get away with not buying SoundToys Echoboy because each instance uses an entire Accel chip (Echofarm, Eventide Band Delays also has the same DSP hogging problem)
Chrome Tone is very very efficent in DSP usage compared to Echoboy and the main limitation is you can only have up to a 1000ms
delay

Dave
[email protected]
Old 10-22-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Re: McDSP Chrome Tone tape delay effect

bump
Old 10-22-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Re: McDSP Chrome Tone tape delay effect vs EchoBoy

Soundtoys now works as RTAS (I'm sure you know this.); if you're working in 7.x and have a fast Mac you should be fine, just use the Echoboy as a RTAS.