Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2011, 11:31 PM

Default Using Sans Amp w/ Guitar & Pro Tools (new)

This thread pertains to HOW can I get a plug in like Sans Amp to work with a Guitar, going straight into the Mbox 2 Pro.
Why is this such a mystery? I searched all over the internet. Still waiting for a reply from my college Pro Tools course on this matter.

I do not have Eleven Free, or the income to invest in that (though it looks sweet).
I did search very extensively and found a thread almost identical to what I wanted to know, but the response was not helpful.

Then I found a video on youtube, but it addressed how a vocal track could be used along with Sans Amp.

Please can someone just simply list the steps from the very beginning? No trickery or smoke & mirrors?

That would be very awesome of you. Thanks, Curtis
Old 05-18-2011, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Using Sans Amp w/ Guitar & Pro Tools (new)

Ok, I noticed the effect does register, only after recorded. This must just be the way it is, like w/ vocals whereas midi is a different animal.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Using Sans Amp w/ Guitar & Pro Tools (new)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis76 View Post
Ok, I noticed the effect does register, only after recorded. This must just be the way it is, like w/ vocals whereas midi is a different animal.
Are using the audiosuite version or do you have it running RTAS on an insert?

Are you recording with or without LLM on???