Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Import loops from GarageBand

How can I do to import a drums loop from GarageBand to Pro Tools? I know how to do it by exporting the GarageBand file to iTunes and then importing it from Pro Tools, but there is another easy and faster way to do it. Can anyone tell me so? Thanks and enjoy your music production.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Import loops from GarageBand

Quote:
How can I do to import a drums loop from GarageBand to Pro Tools? I know how to do it by exporting the GarageBand file to iTunes and then importing it from Pro Tools, but there is another easy and faster way to do it. Can anyone tell me so? Thanks and enjoy your music production.
The way I usually do this using Ableton Live in Rewire mode with Protools. Ableton Live has it's own file finder/menu thingo that allows you to drill down into your hard drives and search out loops so if you know the name of the GB loop and where it is you can audition it in Ableton Live and then rewire/record it into Protools...sounds time consuming compared to GB's drag and drop mode I know but once you get the hang of it, it's ok. What I did was copied all the GB drum loops I liked and sorted/classified them (rock/world etc)on an external drive (along with my other drum loops) so that if I wanted to use them in Protools or Live it was fairly easy to find them etc...someone else on the DUC may know an easier way so keep looking...good luck
Old 05-13-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Import loops from GarageBand

Come on guys! Ever heard of Shift-Command-I or import from the regions bin? The hard part is finding where Garageband put them. I believe they are in maindrive-library-aplication support-Garageband, or is it maindrive-users-library-aplication support-garageband? I never use garageband so I moved them somewhere easier to find. You can audition them and ProTools will convert them for you. Better yet, if you have DV Toolkit, I think you can use digibase, and I'm told you can search by metadata like garageband and soundtrack Pro do, then drag them straight to where you want them in the timeline. Soundtrack Pro puts them in maindrive-library-audio-apple-apple loops. Use command-F and a name of any file you know to find 'em. Happy Loopin'!