Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2009, 01:37 PM

Default Midnam Problem

I am having a frustrating problem with a midnam file and PT8 on a Macintosh. At least a year ago I created a midnam file for a Roland Fantom-X7 and created an associated middev. After the usual nightmares, I finally got it all up and working. I've been using it to get patch names for quite a while now without a hitch. I recently decided to replace my hard drive and have been migrating pro tools 8 to the new drive. I've got everything up and running except that now the patch list does not show up. I simply copied the file that I have been using to the appropriate location on the new drive. I did MIDI setup and set up the Fantom-X7 with no trouble and the device shows up in Pro Tools, I just can't get the patch list to come up. When I use the file dialog to attempt to open the patch list, I can select it, but nothing happens, I still don't see my patch names. Has anyone here had a similar experience? Is there perhaps some setting I have forgotten about? I would pull all my hair out, but I don't have much left...
Old 11-02-2009, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Midnam Problem

Take a look at your .middev file and make sure the Fantom is in there. Also make sure it is spelled exactly the same way in the .midnam and .middev files
Old 01-27-2010, 08:25 AM

Hi, i also have a Fantom X7 and trying to learn how to get its Patches displayed in Pro Tools 8. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction... or... if your patch files are something you may be willing to share..?

All quite new to me.

thanks,
Geoff
Old 12-30-2010, 06:40 AM

I am also having problems with this, I downloaded the appropriate midnam file but don't know where to put it so Pro Tools will show all the patches from my Roland Fantom.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!