Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Midi out of sync with session

After upgrading to 6.9.2 all my MIDI was out of sync with audio in my session? Switching the sample/tick based timing didnt help! I still dont understand what that is by the way. Please advise
Old 05-29-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Midi out of sync with session

Hello,

What exactly has happened and how far and precisely is your midi out of sync?

Tick based means that the regions will be quantized and moved in relationship to the quantization! exactly how midi works, so you change the tempo of the session and all the midi parts move with the tempo change but stay in there relative places.

Sample based means that the regions won't move when a songs tempo is changed! they will stay exactly where they are!! and all the tick based stuff will move around them.

If you are using audio regions on your grid for example for say your cymbal crashes! if you change tempo and have them set to tick based, they will remain at the beginning of the bar, if they are sample based!! the bar position will move, but the cymbal being an audio region set to sample based won't move, and will then not be on the beginning of the bar! it will infact be playing out of time!

Hope this helps, check your tempo's

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Midi out of sync with session

You might want to also check to see if you switched from conductor based to manual tempo.