Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2021, 10:30 PM

Default How do I bounce from the master (volume) track?

I was able to do this earlier today but now it's not working. I want to bounce my song using the master volume track so that I can control the level in the bounced song. Like I said I did this earlier in order to create a bounced track with lots of headroom to be mastered on Landr.com but now when I try it it says the bounce it's creating is 4:50 long yet the song is just under 4:00. So how do I constrain the length of the bounce?

I googled it and found this article that says you should be bussing to an aux track and then to an audio track and then recording everything to that audio track but when I try that it records for about 10 seconds and then just starts feeding back uncontrollably and I have to reset PT. That was way more involved anyway. I just want to be able to select the Master track and bounce but constrain it to the actual length of the song. I've tried selecting the actual audio section along the timeline but that selects all tracks.

If there's some other way that I should be bouncing please point me in that direction. I'm pretty new to PT.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:02 PM

Default Re: How do I bounce from the master (volume) track?

Nevermind. Sorry - I have a habit of posting questions and then an hour later figuring it out. If I select the length of the song on the timeline it selects all tracks, but I'm then able to deselect all tracks and just select the master and bounce and it comes out the right length.

If anyone has any suggestions for better ways to bounce I'd love to hear them.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:08 PM

What I do is to create a MIDI track and select the length of the song to bounce, then Consolidate. You then have a blank clip on the MIDI track so when I go to bounce, I just click on and select that clip, then bounce. That way I don't have to worry about selecting various clips to get the right length - it's already set in the MIDI track.

You might want to make the MIDI clip a little longer than the actual wave files if there's reverb tails you don't want cut off, but that's standard procedure no matter how you bounce.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-09-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLG View Post
Nevermind. Sorry - I have a habit of posting questions and then an hour later figuring it out. If I select the length of the song on the timeline it selects all tracks, but I'm then able to deselect all tracks and just select the master and bounce and it comes out the right length.

If anyone has any suggestions for better ways to bounce I'd love to hear them.
Hi,
I think you are overthinking the bounce process.
You only ever make a time selection to bounce or print...In the time line, in a track, in 200 tracks.....
You are not selecting tracks....
It doesn't matter if they are selected or not, the time selection is what gets bounced.