Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Default problems with my control 24 power supply?

i have had alot of problems with my 24 lately. first off all the light on the board will randomly come on and then stay on sometimes. i read that this was a common problem and it can be fixed by reconecting the power supply. so what i did was pull the power filter in the back out and unpluged the brown, green and blue wires, reconected them and the i had no problems, until today. the problem returned and then i went through the same steps and once i pluged in my power supply from the outlet, it blew a fuse in my house. after that. the 24 will not work. i need to know if it is as simple as replacing the emi filter or what. i contacted digidesign today and they told me i would have to take it to another state 5 hours away from me to the closed digi ddesign authorized repairman and it would cost me about a 1000 bucks just to have it serviced. i am broke and cannot afford this. i really need help here. does anyone out there know what i can do to fix my problem?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: problems with my control 24 power supply?

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the DUC. If you can give us more information about the C24 and how you've got it plugged into your power, that will help. Is it an older C24? The old ones had power supply problems and you may be experiencing an intermittent problem. Hard to say without knowing if yours is new or used and, of so, how old. The older ones had many troubles with their power supplies. Good luck and try to let us know these things if you know them.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: problems with my control 24 power supply?

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the DUC. If you can give us more information about the C24 and how you've got it plugged into your power, that will help. Is it an older C24? The old ones had power supply problems and you may be experiencing an intermittent problem. Hard to say without knowing if yours is new or used and, of so, how old. The older ones had many troubles with their power supplies. Good luck and try to let us know these things if you're able.