Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2003, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Bomb Factory C lassic Compressor

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
You guys are making me want to run the "Doctor Strangelove" DVD this morning... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">aha! that's what i was looking for!
Old 06-22-2003, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by da BaSsTaRd!:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Stone Knife:
You guys are making me want to run the "Doctor Strangelove" DVD this morning... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">aha! that's what i was looking for! <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thank you!

I've sometimes wanted to try that ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Haigbabe
Old 06-23-2003, 05:30 AM

Hello All
Thanks for your answers Now I know that the Bomb Factory is just the "BOMB"

da BaSsTaRd! Member # 15479
Quote:
the difference between digirack comp and bombfactory comps is like the difference between a paper airplane and a B-52...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I enjoyed all that going back and forth with the B52's

Stone Knife Member #23790
Quote:
You guys are making me want to run the "Doctor Strangelove" DVD this morning
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">da BaSsTaRd! Member # 15479
Quote:
aha! that's what i was looking for!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Cool I never heard that one before [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 05:53 AM

GW Member # 11217
Quote:
go for the Value Ed. I beleave you can test that one without the iLok...

But first try Waves!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Quote:
Calvin member # 26417
Quote:
I would say that waves has the best clean compressors out there. If you are doing something that dosen't add a lot of tone to it, the renisance collection is the best and I use it non stop for eq and compression.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] GW/Calvin. Thanks for your suggestions.

Where Can I get an evaluation version download of "Value Ed BF" and "Waves"?
Old 06-23-2003, 07:11 AM

www.waves.com
www.bombfactory.com
Old 06-23-2003, 07:17 AM

Soliloquay, I think all your plugin Q:s will be answered by looking up this famous post... You download the Demos via Bombfactory and Waves homepages.

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...=016566#000014

...however I donīt agree with Calvin. Both RenComp (&Vox) and Bf Classical compressors give a fairly high degree of colour and so does Timeworks compressorX. If you want less colour the Digirack compressor is the way to go or the C1 from Waves. Tell us what kind of music you are wanting them for and the answers will be more specific!
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 06-23-2003, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GW:
...however I donīt agree with Calvin. Both RenComp (&Vox) and Bf Classical compressors give a fairly high degree of colour and so does Timeworks compressorX. If you want less colour the Digirack compressor is the way to go or the C1 from Waves. Tell us what kind of music you are wanting them for and the answers will be more specific!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well I do agree with you that they both change things, but It is a different kind of change the waves stuff I love using on vocals and more prestine stuff, but for that fat guitar and bass sound I always go for the bombfactory. Just my taste.

I also like both of these for their ease of use. They are easy to set right the first time.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GW: ...however I donīt agree with Calvin. Both RenComp (&Vox) and Bf Classical compressors give a fairly high degree of colour and so does Timeworks compressorX. If you want less colour the Digirack compressor is the way to go or the C1 from Waves. Tell us what kind of music you are wanting them for and the answers will be more specific!
Quote:
Originally posted by Calvin Well I do agree with you that they both change things, but It is a different kind of change the waves stuff I love using on vocals and more prestine stuff, but for that fat guitar and bass sound I always go for the bombfactory. Just my taste.

I also like both of these for their ease of use. They are easy to set right the first time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hello again,
Thanks for all your replies.
Here goes i am a layman at this stuff this is why i figure I should ask before i buy any thing. I play guitar Electric/acoustic, and use many programs from my Karma Keyboard and of course Vocals. I was certain that there are compressors out there that offer better compression than the DigiRack and I heard a lot about BF and others.

Even though I would eventually take my mix to the HD/TDM studio. If I found a compressor that did more than the DigiRack especially on vocals i wouldn't mind spendimg for it. Do you think it would be worth it?

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 03:25 PM

I ate maccaroni for two months when I bought the Waves Gold Bundle (itīs a lot of money), but Iīve used them on everything Iīve done eversince. The upgrade to Platinum was even better (one month of maccaroni) or go for the RenMaxx (depends on how much maccaroni you can stand!). I bought my Bombfactory after the Waves and to me that was definitly the right order...

Before you do that, try out to put two Digirack compressors after another (they are really quite good, you just have to tweak a little here and a little there - and thatīs the cheapest solution for you).
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 06-23-2003, 05:40 PM

Digi's comps can be made to sound very clean and even (gasp!) musical if you know what you are doing......