Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2024, 02:40 PM

Default Re: PT 2024.3 | Released

This was mentioned earlier. M-Audio Keyboard protocol removed from the midi controller section. That is the protocol I use to connect my Akai MPK-249 midi keyboard.

Will this be an issue for me?
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 03-08-2024, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datkings View Post
This disappeared for me as well. Is there by chance a DLL or an XML file from a previous Pro Tools install that we can just copy into to certain folder for Pro Tools 2024.3?
I hoped that might work as well, but unfortunately a missing file isn't the cause.

The M-Audio Keyboard support file is actually still there in 2024.3.

On Mac, it lives inside the Pro Tools app bundle:
Code:
/Applications/Pro Tools.app/Contents/Frameworks/Controllers/M-Audio Keyboard.bundle
And on Windows, it lives here:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\Controllers\M-Audio Keyboard.dll
But even though that file is still there in 2024.3, the "M-Audio Keyboard" controller type is not appearing as a menu option in the Peripherals setup window.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
Originally Posted by Tweakhead
That is nice.
I would still like to see the option to have all clips default to having all Clip Effects modules de-activated.

That's interesting that your system does not do what I described.
Here is a demo video of what happens on my system. (New track, render selection, open Clip Effects)
Perhaps you can share a similar video demonstration of what happens on yours ?

Pro Tools 2024.3 Clip Effects Demo 1 :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDM...ew?usp=sharing
Sorry, didn't realize they put the green light on the modules.

But the Clip Effect isn't actually on by default. Not until you see the Dyn or EQ on the clip (at which point, like when adjusting clip gain, the "file" becomes a clip.)
Clip effect is just the channel strip plugin per clip. If it was actually processing all clips by default, then sessions with 10,000 clips would be eating up a lot of resources. And bypassing all clip effects would show a change.
There is no change if you try it (select all, right click, clip effects > bypass) because clip effects isn't actually engaged until you modify settings.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:00 PM

Yes, that was what disturbed me, but after your reply I did a phase cancellation test with a 192k session using a 192k Pink Noise source - and you're right, it does indeed cancel - so nothing nefarious is truly going on.
I just don't like to see things "enabled" that I did not specifically enable - whether they're actually doing something or not.
I cannot even write my own default preset with everything deactivated unfortunately.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
M-Audio Keyboard protocol removed from the midi controller section.
Is there anything officially mentioned?
Old 03-08-2024, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
Oh no! Why has the M-Audio Keyboard protocol been removed from the Peripherals Midi window? This disables both V-Control Pro and Mulligan for me. Please bring this back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by datkings View Post
This disappeared for me as well. Is there by chance a DLL or an XML file from a previous Pro Tools install that we can just copy into to certain folder for Pro Tools 2024.3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Marble View Post
I hoped that might work as well, but unfortunately a missing file isn't the cause.

The M-Audio Keyboard support file is actually still there in 2024.3.

On Mac, it lives inside the Pro Tools app bundle:
Code:
/Applications/Pro Tools.app/Contents/Frameworks/Controllers/M-Audio Keyboard.bundle
And on Windows, it lives here:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\Controllers\M-Audio Keyboard.dll
But even though that file is still there in 2024.3, the "M-Audio Keyboard" controller type is not appearing as a menu option in the Peripherals setup window.
Interesting.

The "M-Audio Keyboard.dll" for the 2023.12 install is 497kb and the "M-Audio Keyboard.dll" for 2024.3 is 513kb...so something has changed. Unfortunately, when I copied the "M-Audio Keyboard.dll" from 2023.12 into the install for 2024.3 it did not work either...
M-Audio ProFire 2626
M-Audio Axiom 61 (Gen2)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3.0
Avid Control 2023.11.0.266
Old 03-08-2024, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
In short, it's not just the chin I want to tuck in but the bald spot I'd like to hide. lol
Now that's an instant DUC classic !
Old 03-08-2024, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
I can agree with the option to hide or show just like all of the control modules in the header, timeline indicators or mix view controls.

Speaking of the main header, I have almost every control module enabled at the top (still a few things hidden) and there's just the right amount of space at the far right (after the Quantize module) to stack each of the tabs on top of each other in one module. So it could be a tab module with green lights to show or hide each one.
Two things: that’s your screen width. Not everyone’s (especially laptop users). Which is why this isn’t a solution.
Secondly, this is just the beginning. Izotope RX will be another tab. And more ARA apps will come later (which is another reason why the chin/tab idea is dumb that they’ve implemented)

They should just stick with the hide panes paradigm for the bottom as well.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:37 PM

[/QUOTE]
They should just stick with the hide panes paradigm for the bottom as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, This !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2024, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Two things: that’s your screen width. Not everyone’s (especially laptop users). Which is why this isn’t a solution.
Secondly, this is just the beginning. Izotope RX will be another tab. And more ARA apps will come later (which is another reason why the chin/tab idea is dumb that they’ve implemented)

They should just stick with the hide panes paradigm for the bottom as well.
Just a whimsical thought. I was being a fanciful kid for a moment.
I can readily say another header module wouldn't be the most practical solution. Especially since the detachable option has now been added and things are pretty much embedded now.
I wouldn't expect AVID to rework everything but rather to work with what's there.
Most viable being to add another show/hide arrow.
I'd like to have it just as you said in your post. Like the clips list or universe show/hide arrows.

My first thought about the empty gap when the tabs were first added was that there may be more to come in the way of tabs. So I don't doubt what you say about Izotope RX etc.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 03-09-2024 at 03:58 AM.