Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 08:26 AM

Default AM III simultaneous input trouble

When trying to input 2 analog and 2 digital tracks with PT LE 5.1, I assign each track accordingly, but the digital input signal appears on all 4 tracks, analog signal nowhere to be heard. When assignning input I notice that analog L, analog R and SPDIF are all in bold print, even though the check mark appears next to my selection. Any help?
Old 07-31-2002, 11:10 AM
Avid

Default Re: AM III simultaneous input trouble

What version of the DigiSystem INIT is installed in your System Folder>Extensions folder? You must be using DSI v5.1.1.

If DSI 5.1.1 is installed:
-Trash the DigiSetup File, Pro Tools preference, and DAE prefs (the entire folder) from the System Folder>Preferences folder. Empty the Trash and restart the Mac.

-Launch a Pro Tools session, open the Setups>I/O Setups window and click "Default" for the Inputs window.

Brent
Old 08-07-2002, 07:56 AM

I'm using INIT 5.0.1r2. I did download INIT 5.1.1 in an attempt to get SDII to work (see posting in legacy products,7/31/02 "SDII on 9..2"), but had the INIT in disabled extensions, and hadn't used it. Have since trashed it, but still no analog input. Some other things that might be causing trouble: Things are scattered- There is a Digisetup document in Sys. Folder, and a Digisetup Digisystem INIT document in Preferences folder.
There is a DAE 5.0.1 folder in Sys. Folder that contains Controllers folder, Plug-ins Folder, and Plug-in Settings Folder.
In my preferences folder are:
a document called Protools LE 5.0 preferences,
and a folder called DAE prefs,which contains 2 documents-installed plug-ins and plug-ins parameters. Do I need to trash or move some of this? Thanks.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:42 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally posted by Kayotee:
There is a Digisetup document in Sys. Folder, and a Digisetup Digisystem INIT document in Preferences folder.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The one in the System Folder is from Sound Designer. In any case, Trash them both and restart the computer.

Quote:
There is a DAE 5.0.1 folder in Sys. Folder that contains Controllers folder, Plug-ins Folder, and Plug-in Settings Folder.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you are running PT LE 5.1.1, it is peculiar that you have a DAE folder containing v5.0.1. If there is another DAE Folder that contains v5.1.1, then go ahead and trash the DAE 5.0.1 folder.

Quote:
In my preferences folder are:
a document called Protools LE 5.0 preferences,
and a folder called DAE prefs,which contains 2 documents-installed plug-ins and plug-ins parameters.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Trash them both.

Brent
Old 08-07-2002, 09:06 AM
Avid

Update to my post:

From your other thread in the Legacy Products section, it appears that you are running PT LE 5.0.1, not 5.1. As a result, the DAE folder located in your system folder should stay where it is...no need to re/move it.

In addition, you should be running a DSI 5.0.1 (since you are not running Digi001 hardware, there is no need for you to run 5.0.1r2).

In addition to DSI 5.0.1, you should also make sure that the Digidesign Direct I/O extension (v5.0.1) is installed in your System Folder>Extensions.

Brent

NOTE:
DSI 3.4.2 is the last version to support Sound Designer (you lose the ability to perform digital transfers when using DSI 5.0 or later). Therefore, you will need to swap extensions and reboot everytime you want use Sound Designer.