How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2012, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Ethernet port 2

Frank,

One small detail about using Artist Series units on port 2: After connecting the Artist unit to port 2, did you try a restart of the computer? After a restart the EUCON prefs should recognize your unit on port 2.

I realize you're up and running via port 1, which is great, but if you get a chance to try again on port 2, then restart, then check the EUCON prefs let me know whether it works.

I'm the Technical Writer at Avid who is (now) responsible for all Artist series documentation, and I apologize for this info not having made it into any of the manuals (it only came to my attention after I'd finished the last round of updates). This info should have been added to the KnowledgeBase but I don't see it there either...I'll work to correct that as well.

Michael
Avid Consoles Principal Technical Writer
Old 01-30-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
Frank,

One small detail about using Artist Series units on port 2: After connecting the Artist unit to port 2, did you try a restart of the computer? After a restart the EUCON prefs should recognize your unit on port 2.

I realize you're up and running via port 1, which is great, but if you get a chance to try again on port 2, then restart, then check the EUCON prefs let me know whether it works.

I'm the Technical Writer at Avid who is (now) responsible for all Artist series documentation, and I apologize for this info not having made it into any of the manuals (it only came to my attention after I'd finished the last round of updates). This info should have been added to the KnowledgeBase but I don't see it there either...I'll work to correct that as well.

Michael
Avid Consoles Principal Technical Writer
Thank you. Maybe you can add a manual for the surround-page as well? At the moment I only got some vague info via tech support but they said documentation is still being written.
And also a section how the system preference EuCon thingy is set up. I dragged the PT app icon into the prefs but it can only be set to either HUI or MackieControl. Do I need to do this for PT at all? What do I set it to?

Lots of guessing going on when setting up these controllers, I must say.

Frank.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:54 AM

I have a similar requirement I want to connect the C24 to the second ethernet port and just have my normal LAN traffic on the first port, is there a config setting somewhere as I can only connect to a single ethernet in the setup drop down list.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spav View Post
I have a similar requirement I want to connect the C24 to the second ethernet port and just have my normal LAN traffic on the first port, is there a config setting somewhere as I can only connect to a single ethernet in the setup drop down list.
I'm not a C24 expert, but I can try and help. If you follow this video are you saying you only see Ethernet port 1 in the drop down ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2A6Ml8-2mo If thats the case can you post a screen grab of the network prefs in OSX ?
Old 11-05-2017, 11:39 AM

Thanks for getting back to me Eddie. I watched the video and that is exactly what I expected to happen. The second Ethernet port was installed after PT and Ethernet was renamed to Ethernet1. I expected PT to then populate the dropdown list with the new ports. It would seem that PT has not rescanned the interfaces, is there a way to force a rescan?

Here is the Network screen and the select dropdown in PT (hope you can see the images, the links seem to work but my windows machine does not see the images). Btw. the machine has been rebooted a couple of times but no joy.

Thanks again.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Avid

That's strange I agree. Could you try something.....change the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and reboot the Mac and see if that helps. Not sure why you need that mask so open.

Also, switch the order of 1m and 2 and see what happens if the first thing doesn't work.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:37 PM

I have changed the Ethernet order, reduced the mask and rebooted as suggested, (255.0.0.0 is just the default for the 10. Class C private subdomain), neither action makes any difference. This is as if PT has scanned just once when it installed, as it has retained the original name. I do not really want to un-install PT just to rescan the ethernet ports. Is there a config file that can be edited or deleted to force a re-scan?

Thanks
Old 11-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Avid

I think PT scan on opening the prefs. Try disabling port 1 and see if it goes...then you will know
Old 11-05-2017, 01:19 PM

I removed the cable from Ethernet1 and made the interface inactive in the Network preferences. Restarted PT and the same Ethernet (without the number) still in the PT dropdown. This time I also started up wireshark, normal IP traffic is on Ethernet2, but nothing that co-insides with PT scanning. When I repeat this with Ethernet1 re-enabled I see a broadcast packet when searching Ethernet from PT. I come to the same conclusion, PT does not rescan the interfaces after installation. Something is not being updated in PT?

Last edited by Spav; 11-05-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:46 PM

hi Eddie, Could you try a quick test, rename your Ethernet port name using the Network preferences, then see if PT picks up the new name. Btw. I am on PT12.4.