Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 AM

Default Lo-Fi Crashes Pro Tools

Hi I'm Running into a really showstopper bug.

I'm having a mix session with alot of different plugins and everything is great.
But when the session is mixed and I close it, and then re-open it, I get a dialogue saying it can't activate around half the plugins because of insufficient system ressources.

I'm not using half of the dsp available and as soon as I try to activate a plugin I get a DAE #1 error (and sometimes a #7401 error). And if I then try close the session Pro Tools crashes.

When trying to solve it I found out that I could make a new session, import everything from the old one and it works again, but as soon as I save it and re-open it, the same story...

I the found out that it seems to be the Lo-Fi plugin that causes all this. If I keep it de-activated everything works great. But as soon as I activate it, it breaks the session after re-opening it.

I'm only running one instance of lo-fi. All plugins are as TDM.
I tried to reinstall the lo-fi plugins without result. I have also tried to trash pro tools preferences etc. without success.

Anyone experienced something like this and now of a fix?

I have been using it several times without any issues. It just started happening this week and nothing has been changed on the computer.

The system is a Pro Tools HD2 74.cs5 on a Powermac G4
Old 06-17-2009, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Lo-Fi Crashes Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroger View Post
Hi I'm Running into a really showstopper bug.

I'm having a mix session with alot of different plugins and everything is great.
But when the session is mixed and I close it, and then re-open it, I get a dialogue saying it can't activate around half the plugins because of insufficient system ressources.

I'm not using half of the dsp available and as soon as I try to activate a plugin I get a DAE #1 error (and sometimes a #7401 error). And if I then try close the session Pro Tools crashes.

When trying to solve it I found out that I could make a new session, import everything from the old one and it works again, but as soon as I save it and re-open it, the same story...

I the found out that it seems to be the Lo-Fi plugin that causes all this. If I keep it de-activated everything works great. But as soon as I activate it, it breaks the session after re-opening it.

I'm only running one instance of lo-fi. All plugins are as TDM.
I tried to reinstall the lo-fi plugins without result. I have also tried to trash pro tools preferences etc. without success.

Anyone experienced something like this and now of a fix?

I have been using it several times without any issues. It just started happening this week and nothing has been changed on the computer.

The system is a Pro Tools HD2 74.cs5 on a Powermac G4
You definitely have the right version installed?

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...51&itemid=1009

bottom of the page the 4th one down..

D-Fi 7.4 (Mac OS X Tiger - Leopard) for Pro Tools 7 25.85 MB

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:39 AM

Yep. Have the version for 7.4 installed & Verified
Old 06-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Avid

Those DAE errors can be indicative of a bad card.

Have you tried running Digitest yet?
Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 AM

I also ran a digitest with no errors at all.

I'm in process of mixing some cartoon episodes. And I had mixed around 14 sessions, and then after doing this for 2 weeks, all of a sudden it started to do this. The setups in the session has been exactly the same....

The only difference is that the new sessions has been recorded on a digi003 system running PT 8. But I only imported the audio, not the plugns or anything else. (import session was set to import: main playlist, regions & media, alternate playlists & markers)
Old 06-18-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
I also ran a digitest with no errors at all.

I'm in process of mixing some cartoon episodes. And I had mixed around 14 sessions, and then after doing this for 2 weeks, all of a sudden it started to do this. The setups in the session has been exactly the same....

The only difference is that the new sessions has been recorded on a digi003 system running PT 8. But I only imported the audio, not the plugns or anything else. (import session was set to import: main playlist, regions & media, alternate playlists & markers)
I Would try this! trash all the prefs and database files again using this app below.... http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=190122

after trashing all the prefs i would manually remove the D-FI plugin from the plugins folder system drive/library/app support/digidesign/plugins.

Then i would repair permission from disk utility.
Then reboot the mac.
then re-install D-FI.

then boot up PT and see what happens.

Just to be sure! this is happening on all sessions, NOT just one, in which case it could be session corruption of some kind.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:30 AM

Hi Crizdee.

I tried all that.

It's not happening on all sessions. But on around 4-5 sessions. First I also thought it was a corrupt session, so started from scratsch with a session, but it then started to do it again
Old 06-18-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Hi Crizdee.

I tried all that.

It's not happening on all sessions. But on around 4-5 sessions. First I also thought it was a corrupt session, so started from scratsch with a session, but it then started to do it again
Hi,

When you manually remove then from the plugins folder! make sure you remove all 4 individual plugs. lo-fi.recti-fi.sci-fi etc

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

Old 06-19-2009, 11:04 PM

Hi crizdee.

Also tried that without any difference....

And thanks alot for your help so far, it's really great how much you're trying to help me resolve it!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:22 PM

Yep. Have the version for 7.4 installed & Verified .............