Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2003, 02:55 AM

Default OMF export from PT 6.01 to AVID media composer

As a sound guy I have imported hundreds of omf´s during the years. Finally the time had come to export an omf from Pro Tools to an AVID. And what happens? The AVID eats up my handles and I can´t find any way round this. The omf can be imported back to Pro Tools and the handles are there but in the Composer the sequence is there, it plays (albeit with with many small annoying extra files to fill up to frameboundaries), but the handles are gone, gone, gone... Any ideas??? There are ways to avoid the extra fillerfiles but the handles??? If you export an omf from the composer and import it either in PT or the composer itself there are handles. So what to do??
Old 09-07-2003, 07:09 PM

Default Re: OMF export from PT 6.01 to AVID media composer

I haven't done this myself, but I just wonder if the same happens with different versions of AVID suites/software? And what happens if you reduce the handles to one second or less? I am sure Avid tech support will answer this.

Helge K.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:04 PM

Default Re: OMF export from PT 6.01 to AVID media composer

Hi Svante,

Do you have Digitranslator2 installed into ProTools or the stand alone Digitranslator1?
In DT2 go to File > Export Selected Tracks as OMF.
In the window you would have in front of check "Enforce Avid compatibility", the correct "Target project time code format", as Audio format select "Embedded" and in "Handle size" choose the amount of milliseconds you want Avid would see.
I don't remember very well Digitranlator1, but you should get the same result with it.
Lets us know if you have any problem.
Good luck.

Jose Luis