Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2009, 12:25 PM

Default Please help an idiot - downloading PT8

I've just bought Pro-Tools LE 7.4, I've registered it and received an e-mail confirming this. I gather I'm eligible for a free update to 8.0, but I'm just going round in circles trying to find it on Digidesign's labyrinthine site. A simple link to it in the e-mail would have been nice.

If it's supposed to be in the My Digi account, there's nothing there that I can see.

I tried entering the Authorisation code that was inside the booklet, but it doesn't like it. What am I doing wrong?
Old 11-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Please help an idiot - downloading PT8

When you register your system online, you first receive a registration confimation email. If you qualify (which it sounds like you do), you would also receive a second email with an activation code and instructions on how to get your free upgrade to PTLE 8.

Check your junk mail and spam filter to make sure it didn't go there.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:57 PM

Ah, thanks ... it's just turned up.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBlackSK4 View Post
I've just bought Pro-Tools LE 7.4, I've registered it and received an e-mail confirming this. I gather I'm eligible for a free update to 8.0, but I'm just going round in circles trying to find it on Digidesign's labyrinthine site.
Welcome to DUC. You're going to need to put your college hat on but once you learn the site (yeah i said it...learn the website...and yes i know that contradicts the point of a website for customers) it isn't too bad. you have to wade through alot of content that is totally irrelevant to your experience and you're gonna have to do alot of it. Pro tools has a learning curve. Most of us feel its worth it, in the end. Feel free to come back and most of the board is pretty good about giving help pretty promptly and thout too much berating. Read the manual though. Seriously.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)