Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Playlist bug 6.9

Has anyone else using playlists come across this bug?

If you have a large number of tracks in a group, so that they are not all visible on the screen, and then change playlists, some of the tracks are ignored. Let me give an example.

Say you have 48 audio tracks, seeing 1-24 in the screen, depending on zoom, track size etc, when you change playlist from tk.3 to tk.2, down the bottom, track 48 tk.3 will be on track 45 tk.3, 47 on 44, 46 on 42 etc with the 48 tk.2 still on 48 tk.2.

You can get around this bug by having the bottom of the tracks in the screen when you change, eg 36-48, and then it changes properly.

I haven't had a chance to check to see if this is fixed with a cs update, and also it appears to be a bit random as well, but it has happened on at least 2 of our rigs.

This would be a great one to fix.

Cheers

Jake
Old 06-25-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Playlist bug 6.9

I can't seem to reproduce this. Can you provide a recipe from scratch to reproduce this? (i.e. start with a new session, make 48 tracks, etc). Just in case, please save a copy of the session file, in case we need it.

Just to confirm - it's all fine when you scroll to the bottom and switch playlists?

Did the session origininate in Pro Tools 6.9?

Thanks!

Danny Caccavo
Digidesign
Old 06-27-2005, 02:05 AM

Thanks Danny,

I don't have a tools system in front of me to check some of the things you have asked, but will try to replicate later, but to answer your other questions....

It is fine when you are at the bottom of the selected tracks, and change playlists.

But, i think that both times we have seen this, the sessions were more than likely made in 6.4.

Regards

Jake
Old 06-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Avid

Jake - You may also want to trash prefs and databases, as this could be a corrupt preference file causing the problem.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:34 AM

there was, and still is, a bug that arrived in 6.7 whch did this when there were tracks that were hidden, i think digi know about it, i know i have told them about it and so have other mutual friends of ours
Old 06-27-2005, 10:47 AM

Thanks Digi and Protooleriate,

I had tracks hidden when i had this problem, and also the other people at our studio would have had some hidden also, when they had the problem.

I assume it is unlikely that 2 different machines had corrupt database files at the same time, and because Protooleriate mentions this is an old bug, and we didn't use 6.7 here, so wouldn't have come accross it until we started using 6.9.

Ho Hum!

Regards

Jake