Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2021, 09:54 AM

Default Re: PT2021.10 Upgrade Hangs

No that is the icon for computer based licensing, not supported by Pro Tools.

You still have not ordered a physical iLok?
Old 11-05-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corben View Post
Thank you. My iLok subscription is current and I have fully logged in and out of the account as well as the cloud.
So when you say 'logged in and out of the cloud', you mean 'Close all cloud sessions' in the ILM file menu, like I adviced on the first page?
Old 11-05-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
So when you say 'logged in and out of the cloud', you mean 'Close all cloud sessions' in the ILM file menu, like I adviced on the first page?
Yes. I've also tried further steps, like closing all cloud sessions and trying to launch PT, logging out of the entire iLok account, trying my secondary iLok account, burning a candle, all with no luck.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
A Pro Tools Subscription license can only be activated to an iLok (2nd gen/later) or iLok Cloud. If you don't have an iLok USB Key then try iLok Cloud.
I have been using iLok cloud for the last year after getting my Mac Mini and was working fine before the update.

I'm asking if the circled greyed out icon could be the issue.

Did Avid change any iLok policies with this update?
Old 11-05-2021, 10:47 AM

...and to follow up that screenshot you are shown us, where is that? The cloud licenses? Available licenses? Please not trim that screenshots so we can't tell what you are showing us.

And to follow up to Ben's question... please tell us clearly exactly what you have done. After you "Close all cloud sessions" as Ben has said, then follow the instructions in the link that Jeffro gave you. If you do exactly those things what happens?

Now Jeffro is looking at this I expect you'll get fantastic help but please confirm clearly what you are doing.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corben View Post
I have been using iLok cloud for the last year after getting my Mac Mini and was working fine before the update.

I'm asking if the circled greyed out icon could be the issue.
No. Clearly answered multiple times

Quote:
Did Avid change any iLok policies with this update?
No.

Could you please follow the exact things suggested here in this thread that you do. And confirm clearly you are doing them. You might have well done all that but we can't guess and this thread has some confusing/confused information from you. (thread description is wrong it's not an "upgrade hang", iCloud vs iLok cloud, unclear say what logout from cloud means... we want you to logout in the ILM from iLok cloud, etc.).
Old 11-05-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
...and to follow up that screenshot you are shown us, where is that? The cloud licenses? Available licenses? Please not trim that screenshots so we can't tell what you are showing us.

And to follow up to Ben's question... please tell us clearly exactly what you have done. After you "Close all cloud sessions" as Ben has said, then follow the instructions in the link that Jeffro gave you. If you do exactly those things what happens?

Now Jeffro is looking at this I expect you'll get fantastic help but please confirm clearly what you are doing.
Did it again, just for QC. Log into iLok, file-> close your Cloud Session, file-> open your Cloud Session.

Hang.

Right click on PT subscription, refresh.

Hang.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:17 PM

Mark

I tried quickly rereading this whole thread and I know this is frustrating for you but did you reinstall the iLok license manager (from a new download from iLok.com). You answered you had "done all that" to a list of things.

Otherwise you have done everything I can think of, except try a physical iLok which I know you don't have. But again personally I'd encourage you to get another one and not to use iLok cloud at all.

More here really needs Avid staff help who can hopefully look at what's going on behind the scenes. Hopefully jeffro can get this sorted out for you ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Help_Me.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-05-2021, 01:39 PM

Default PT2021.10 Upgrade Hangs

The other option is probably you used up your authorization. Did you authorize your computer before the update. I just saw the screenshot. For some reason you can’t authorize your computer. there might be a compatibility issue with your computer.
Something else need of mention is your network. Is it blocking the ilok transmission. Get an ilok
Also, at the end of the screenshot you provided, it says activated. That means, it’s in use somewhere. Did you sign off on another computer, or stay signed on. Is it on another ilok.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by spinsong; 11-05-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinsong View Post
The other option is probably you used up your authorization. Did you authorize your computer before the update.
This is iLok cloud licensing. There is no "computer authorization" and no computer authorizations to "use up". The potential for "using up licenses" would be if that license has been moved to an iLok.

Even if the iLok cloud was set to Managed Mode logging out and into the cloud through ILM should log out any other systems running those licenses. Which is why we've been clear to ask for for that and Mark has been clear he's done that.