Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2011, 04:59 AM

Default 9.0.6 crash with Ozone 4...?

Anyone else suffering crashes when launching an instance of Ozone 4 in 9.0.6? Have had a good look at my plugin list and all seems fine and up-to-date, including latest version of Ozone 4...
Old 12-15-2011, 05:02 AM

Default Re: 9.0.6 crash with Ozone 4...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leononeill View Post
Anyone else suffering crashes when launching an instance of Ozone 4 in 9.0.6? Have had a good look at my plugin list and all seems fine and up-to-date, including latest version of Ozone 4...
Hi,

I was getting quits opening session with Ozone 4 in and i never found a fix, other then remove it from the plugins folder. this was on Snow Leopard. Now i'm on Lion and its OK.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:05 AM

That's a pain...don't plan on moving on to Lion anytime soon. Thanks for the reply :)
Old 12-15-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leononeill View Post
That's a pain...don't plan on moving on to Lion anytime soon. Thanks for the reply :)
Hi,

Nor saying its going to be the same for everyone! so take it out the folder and make sure it is the cause.

also try repairing disk permissions! i think this fixed it until the next boot.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 AM

Thanks...yeah it's a strange problem...launch the plugin, crash. Restart, tweak the plugin, crash. Restart again and it runs alright for a while. Run ProTools without Ozone and all is well. Permissions repair or prefs trash doesn't solve. My mac has that strange phenomenon of a huge slew of recurring permissions conflicts no matter how many times I run a repair. Will remove the plugin and see what happens. Thanks again :)
Old 12-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Hi...thought I'd put this up for anyone experiencing the same grief I did with this problem...Izotope support emailed me back and suggested I make sure I had the most recent iLok client / drivers installed. Turns out mine was out-dated in relation to Ozone, even though I had installed a recent update, I had since (inadvertently) re-installed an older driver alongside another plugin. I went onto the PACE website, downloaded and re-installed the most up-to-date stuff and it seems to have fixed the problem. Happy days :)