Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 AM

Default PT8 fades disappear?

Has this happened to anyone else? PT8 has basically been solid for me on both a MacBook pro (with Magma expansion) and a Quad G5. However, I'm working on an edit (on the G5 system), everything is running smoothly, and all of a sudden, without any crashes or warnings or anything, all of the fades in the session are offlline. I closed and reopened the session, and now I get a "1400 fade files could not be found". Very strange, no? Anyone else have such a problem or suggestions for a fix?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Avid

Default Re: PT8 fades disappear?

Details please:

EA involved?
Tick-based?
Tempo changes?
What, if identifiable, is the trigger that causes the offline fades?

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 AM

No EA involved, this is a classical session with lots of fades across multiple tracks. Like I said, I don't really know how it happened; there were no errors or signs that something was wrong, just all of a sudden the fades were no longer available. After letting PT search for the missing fades for way too long to no avail, I restarted and chose the "regenerate without searching" option which worked fine. Still, very strange and a waste of time!

I also had a weird fade glitch last night where suddenly new crossfades acted like fade-outs; i.e. even though a cross-fade was shown, it would only present the out-going audio fade with silence on the incoming audio until the fade was over. I fixed it by trashing prefs and databases.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:37 PM

It sounds like a volume went offline. Is it possible that the fades were on a different drive to the session? If so then this may explain the fades going offline.
hope this helps
Simon L.