Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 12:31 AM

Default Negitive Posts........ not good digi

Just started to notice lately that there has been a lot of problem issue posts ....... the entire first page is nothing but complaint letters and broken @#$%. WTF, is going on with digi?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Negitive Posts........ not good digi

Hasn't it pretty much always been that way? People tend to post here when they're having problems. I've noticed that the "Convergence: Awakening" post has been floating back up to the top recently, so that's kinda nice. And don't forget the "Mac Mixes" thread tacked at the top of the forum...it's still growing.

Finally, here...I'll say something nice

Just finished a mix for a client using my 002, and everything worked perfectly. And the client was extremely happy with the mix.

-Chris
Pro Tools LE 7.4
Event 20/20bas
bottle of Johnnie Walker Black behind right monitor
Old 06-08-2004, 05:28 AM

I also think there should be way more moderating going on here. Digi has to know there are a ton of people who look at these pages, and what gets said can be very influencial. A lot of people come in here to vent, and don't know what they are saying. If a moderator cut-in and set things straight, it would improve the quality of the posting. Digi shouldn't let them get away with it.

The best forum I have ever seen is Northern Sounds GPO (Garritan Personal Orchestra) Forum.

Gary Garritan posts and replies there every day and if you talk trash, he sets you straight. The people there are very courteous and helpful. I am sure the DUC would be the same way if there were more moderators.
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 06-08-2004, 05:52 AM

Quote:
The best forum I have ever seen is Northern Sounds GPO (Garritan Personal Orchestra) Forum.

Gary Garritan posts and replies there every day and if you talk trash, he sets you straight. The people there are very courteous and helpful. I am sure the DUC would be the same way if there were more moderators.
I think if you look at the vast difference in scale between Digi and GPO in terms of user-base, employees, end product, ongoing development, etc. you'll see that the comparison isn't exactly apples to apples.

Digi's never been very hands-on and you might also notice that ther's no "Jim Digidesign" to match Gary Garritan - so who's going to be the smiling face from Digi to show up and moderate the way you're suggesting?...and let's face it, with so many ignorant people using Digi's products they'd have to devote an inordinate amount of man-hours to "setting things straight" on the DUC. Anyone who's really interested in Digi's products will hopefully look a little further past the many misinformed posts that riddle this public forum.

In short, it seems as though Digi can barely devote enough time to testing their products with the ever-changing computer landscape, why should they pay so much attention to a few people who refuse to read the manual or use any sort of trouble-shooting skill whatsoever?

Believe me, I'm not being grouchy - I mean all of the above in the kindest way possible. Thems the breaks, as they say.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:54 AM

Don't rock the boat: you could see a situation here like at the Apple forums, which are notorious for playing fast and loose with the Constitution (as it applies to an American user posting on a board run by an American company). They routinely censor posts that deal with hardware and software issues that Apple doesn't feel like owning up to - and there's no one to complain to: they control the flow of information even on the so-called "user" forums.

The best moderators are us, if we're willing to accept the responsibility.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:44 PM

I agree with Radiomoo,

I have not been familiar to this site until reently but ive found the feedback to be excellent, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if u know what your doing(to some extent), u can tell when someone is talking smack or not.

Im no expert (CERT 4 AUDIO SAE) but i know a thing or too and haved learned heaps from this site in the short amount of time ive been here.

i think that its great for people to be able to ask a question about a problem theyre having no matter how stupid.............although the guy abt the aux thing............................ anyway, no-ones forcing anyone to answer their posts, "if u dont care just leave it there"
hey that ryhmes

I suppose some of us could search through the history a bit more, but in the end i dont think its such a big deal, maybe, with time ill become a bitter angry relic of my former self and realise just how much i hate those STUPID POSTERS with their STUPID POSTS!!

but until then.......................

LUD

Old 06-09-2004, 02:36 AM

Quote:
u can tell when someone is talking smack or not
Well that is just it, you have no way of knowing what are truths and what aren't.

People can (and do) come in here and spin yarns about this that and the other thing and neither you or I know what the real story is. You are getting one side of a story from some anonymous user, who knows there is no recourse for his libles, who is usually pissed off, saying Digi products suck, when it is he who doesn't know how to intall software on his computer.

If every tech support guy was required to come in and respond to two questions every day, it would take 10 minutes of their time and you would see a much better forum.

There are 45,000 registered DUC'ers, the heart and soul of Digi's user base. You would think they would put some effort into making sure that what is said about their product is as helpful and accurate as it can be. How do you do this?.........more moderators.

2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 06-09-2004, 03:30 AM

UH DUUUUUUUUUUUH !

That what the DUC is for !

I am afraid that I too posted some negative comments when I first got my 001 (and now my 002 control surface).

Pro Tools has a HUGE learning curve and a new user and even some more experienced users will have problems with new hardware or software. That's just the price you must pay for the average joe being able to use the most sofisticated audio and video adaptive software known to man ! If you really think Pro Tools is that simple, go take the free Pro Tools 101 test and see how much you really know about this stuff ! And when you realize that you are failing the basics test, then call or e-mail Martin or Micheal at the Pro Tools Training Center and get your backside in the Certification Classes !

If it were really that simple, then I should be able to FART in the mic and turn it into the concerto in d minor.

HMMMM ! That gives me an idea...LOL

Later,

Eric

Eric Heil
Angelic Productions, LLC
More Pro Tools rigs than I can shake a stick at...
www.AngelicLive.com
FaceBook Me!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:15 AM

Quote:
You would think they would put some effort into making sure that what is said about their product is as helpful and accurate as it can be. How do you do this?.........more moderators.
I'd like to see more techs posting here, but not censoring. OTs and long, meandering threads give this forum a freewheelin' sense of community and make it more enjoyable.

Quote:
call or e-mail Martin or Micheal at the Pro Tools Training Center and get your backside in the Certification Classes
We, the responsible, could also refer newbies to The LE Boot Camp Archives for some great free tutorials.

Quote:
I should be able to FART in the mic and turn it into the concerto in d minor
It's been done already.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Just started to notice lately that there has been a lot of problem issue posts ....... the entire first page is nothing but complaint letters and broken @#$%. WTF, is going on with digi?

I really think that Digi has lots of guts to support this kind of User Conference on it´s own site. Earlier this year I had problems with -9035 error, that solved with help of other users and digitech support:) Sometimes, believe it or not, the problem doesn´t lie behind products of Digidesing it also can be the user..Which is more likely situation in my caseIt gives hope that someone else from other side of the world has faced the same problems as I am facing and solved them. Usually the DUC gives also a whole new aspect towards the problem.

So thank you Digi, for many things like my 002 combined to G5 and PT 6.4, that have worked like an angel. Well.Except that my 500 Gb Lacie just vanished 80Gb sound fx without a reason. I haven´t physically ever harmed that poor thing and thought only good things when using it. So. Good advices?

rugrat from Finland