Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2015, 04:58 PM

Default Re: EuCon still crashing upon restart

Reinstalled. Still crashing. Frustrated.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:46 PM

I have this problem as well for a long time and dont know how to solve. I was hoping some gurus here would have a solution. I dont remember what Eucon version I have. So i will take a look on that ASAP.
I love the controller but I always have to hope if it is working in one time when turning on the pc.

Im using PT10 and the Artist Series Control.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:54 AM

Got my Artist Transport yesterday and spent about 4 hours last night trying to install and finally, when trying some of the suggestions here to delete older folders, finally got it working with some crashes and messages about internet.
So, today, I used my complimentary access code and proceeded to let Avid work the bugs out. Three hours on the phone and the same crashes and messages as before with 1) re-booting hardware, 2) repair installed software, 3) clicking on software, 4) re-starting Eucon Applications, then ...it works. Wow! Every time, I have to go through this but boy do I have patience...ugh! I will now wait for the follow-up email where the Avid tech is now going to research and call me back.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Update on my issue: This link fixed it for now thanks to a last minute call back to Avid support and happened to get the same tech as earlier today. Julius was very helpful, professional and showed a lot of patience today. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...Null-CORBA-POA
We'll see if this manual boot-up holds up this weekend and I'm thinking it will. Since I'm not too techy, it seems as though the issue needs to be fixed like a a voice mail setting where you enter the ** for a certain length of pause. Avid needed to insert a few ***'s at the beginning of the start-up software while the internet settles in.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:19 PM

seems like it would be easy to create a batch script that launches all three programs. Save the following to a text file on your desktop, name it EuCon.bat. After you boot, open the batch file and it will automate the process and then exit the command prompt.

Code:
@echo off  
START "" /wait "C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon\EuConStart.exe"
START "" /wait "C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon\EuControl.exe"
START "" /wait "C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon\MC_Client.exe"
EXIT /B
YMMV, I haven't tested this.

If you really want to get fancy, you can add SLEEP 30 after @echo off. Then create a Basic Task with a "when the computer starts" trigger in your Task Scheduler, that runs the batch script. This will mimic the automatic start, but delay the process by 30 seconds after you boot Windows, so the network has time to establish before the EuCon apps launch.