Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 04:41 PM

Default HELP WITH SETTING UP MIDI KEYBOARD W/ PTLE 6?

Hi, I have a Dual 800 G4 w/ PTLE 6.0 and OSX.2.3

I'm trying to setup my QS8 keyboard in Audio Midi Setup. Can someone walk me through this? I must be missing something.

I have hooked my QS8 into my Digi001 directly and when I hit "Rescan Midi," the keyboard doesn't show up. The only thing on the screen is the Digi001.

I also have a MOTU USB Microexpress and when I plugged that in via USB, it's recognized. But no keyboard when I go through that, as well.

Any ideas? I've tried several midi cables, so that's not it.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
Old 02-19-2003, 04:59 PM

Default Re: HELP WITH SETTING UP MIDI KEYBOARD W/ PTLE 6?

Kevin,

The scanning features are really only for devices hooked directly into the computer that have a specific driver installed - i.e. your 001 or USB interface/keyboard. Since your mac doesn't have a driver for the Alesis - it'll never know its there unless YOU tell it so.

You have to manually add devices by clicking on "Add device" then configure according with name, device type and using 'More details' for channels and such. Then cable (using the small arrows) to your 001, usb interface etc... such that the midi in and out cables correspond to the physical cables you've attached.

Now these devices are avail. from within PT 6.

Make sense ??

(You were here when the 001 first came out if I remember correctly)
Old 02-19-2003, 05:12 PM

Default Re: HELP WITH SETTING UP MIDI KEYBOARD W/ PTLE 6?

Man, good memory. You are correct that I got the 001 the day it came out and shared a bunch of reviews. I've been MIA from these boards for the past couple years...concentrating more on filmmaking. I'm back to dabbling, now that PTLE 6 is out and I can actually use it on my OSX computer!

Thanks for the info. I have made a little progress. By hooking it up into the Microexpress, it seems to be showing up. As far as the patching (transmits/receives), what is a standard setup? (If there is such a thing.) I just want to be able to play one channel into the PTLE and then be able to play back several tracks.

So now, I have 3 "instruments" in my audio setup window: 001, QS8, Microexpress. Any thoughts on the virtual patching and transmit/receives buttons?

Thanks again.

Kevin