Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2004, 01:27 AM

Default plugin phase issues

Hi there,

just noticed something really annoying using the TRacks EQ. 2 Snare Tracks ( top + bottom ), as perfectly in phase as they can be. instantiated the TRacks on the top track, manually time adjusted the 2 tracks, and ... well, the snare was destroyed, totally unusable. I didn´t even had the TRacks really doing anything, flat EQ Curve. I just activated it and it totally messed up the phase.

then duplicated the top snare, phase reversed it, mixed it with the TRacks track ( still flat )just to see what happens and it was even worse, no cancellation to speak of, actually both tracks in phase cancelled out a lot more.

Am I missing something here or is it really that bad with the TRacks ?? ( never had anything remotely like that using any other plugs )

Has anyone of you experienced similar things with other plugins ?

cheers,

Markus
Old 12-12-2004, 01:54 AM

Default Re: plugin phase issues

Try returning the tracks to the way you recorded them, and using the "short" Delay compensation Engine in the Playback engine if you're using PT 6.4+

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 12-12-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: plugin phase issues

dont know the plug your talking about .
but if i have f.ex 2 tracks of guitars and wanna f.ex flip the phase on one track to hear what´ll happen and insert the plug ( rtas , delay amount shows zero ) on just one track it starts sounding different . so at least i make sure having the same plugs on both tracks to hear whats really going on .

wired yeah