How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2010, 10:29 PM

Default Reverse Selection???

Hello All,

I am trying to "reverse" an audio track and having some trouble. I did this trick several years (or upgrades) ago and can't seem to make the magic happen again. I am running LE7.4 and I guess I am suppose to select the track and choose "reverse" from the audio suite menu and apply the process to the track. I have selected to overwrite the file and I can see the track, well change but it certainly isn't backwards as I would expect. Oh, yes, I tried the same steps using "invert" from the audio suite menu as well...same result...

Even stranger, I can hit the "preview" tab while in "reverse"and hear the track backwards but can't make it happen when I hit process.

Can anybody get me going in the right direction on this?

Thanks in advance,
Derek

Last edited by dkbarnwell; 04-10-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 04-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Reverse Selection???

Maybe the track is too long for the process which I would expect the audio goes off line for quite a while if it is a 5 min track. Try and break it up. Copy to another track and cursor to the bar 9 of the duplicate track and press Ctrl-E then select from bar 1 - 8 and see if you can reverse the 8 bars. The audio suite is the way to go so you aren't doing anything wrong.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:18 AM

Thanks TLennon!
I figured out what I was doing wrong... I was in fact doing all the steps correctly but I didn't notice was the "reversed" track was showing up in the play list instead of simply replacing the selected track as I was expecting. Once I noticed that, it was just a matter deleting the source track and dragging the "reversed" track out of the play list and into the track in the edit screen.

Works like a charm! Thanks again for your input,
Derek
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 AM

When you call up an AudioSuite plugin, there is a "button" on the plugin that says USE IN PLAYLIST. If that is lit, the new audio gets placed for you(saving a step)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-11-2010, 11:27 AM

Glad you got it worked out DK and thanks for that update Albee. I forgot all about that button.