Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2010, 03:11 PM

Default Protools Bugs

Why oh why cant you guys fix these annoying bugs? This disk allocation problem has been around since early version 7. Protools just ups and decides to spit files to random folders and drives that have nothing to do with my session. Its acting like round robin is checked and sometimes just puts them in an audio folder that a previous session was using. I trash preferences and it still does it!!!!! Its just not a good thing. Files get lost this way and its harder to back up. I see no reason why the software does this. Ya i can use session copy save as but its just a pain the rear and takes more time. Audio files should ONLY go to the audio folder in the session. If i tell it to do otherwise fine. But i like to have control of that.

Also there are bugs in 8 left over from 7.4. Like audio dropping out when fades are present. Timeline insertion follows playback start marker checking itself.

Another bug is pressing record sometimes will just play and not record. Seems random. Beat detective has weird issues with it. The dialog where it tells you its going to move the audio to a new location. Used to only happen in 7.4 when you were not snapped to grid. Now it does it when snapped to grid.

Please fix some of this stuff. Just seems like with every version new bugs get added and the old not fixed.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Protools Bugs

I think BETA should be attached to the end of every release.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymusicguy View Post
I think BETA should be attached to the end of every release.
Pretty bold statement by a guy who got his first PT system less than two weeks ago.
Quote:
hi chris

i'm new to pro tools, so forgive the newbness of this question

but what are plugin maps?
Dec23 2009.....
Old 01-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
Timeline insertion follows playback start marker checking itself.
That's a bug? All this time I thought it was something I was doing. Seems at some point someone mentioned a key command that was easy to trip by mistake...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 01-04-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
Pretty bold statement by a guy who got his first PT system less than two weeks ago.

Dec23 2009.....
LOL --- Thats a good one.

You just made me smile from top to bottom.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
That's a bug? All this time I thought it was something I was doing. Seems at some point someone mentioned a key command that was easy to trip by mistake...
It more than likely is something were doing.. you may be inadvertently hitting N at the same time you hit the space bar. I know I was.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.10 - macOS Big Sur 11.6
10 Core iMac Pro
64GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8176 MB
UA Apollo x8
Old 01-04-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretfingers View Post
It more than likely is something were doing.. you may be inadvertently hitting N at the same time you hit the space bar. I know I was.
I use "b" to separate regions and end up hitting "n" by mistake all of the time.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 01-05-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
Why oh why cant you guys fix these annoying bugs? This disk allocation problem has been around since early version 7. Protools just ups and decides to spit files to random folders and drives that have nothing to do with my session. Its acting like round robin is checked and sometimes just puts them in an audio folder that a previous session was using. I trash preferences and it still does it!!!!! Its just not a good thing. Files get lost this way and its harder to back up. I see no reason why the software does this. Ya i can use session copy save as but its just a pain the rear and takes more time. Audio files should ONLY go to the audio folder in the session. If i tell it to do otherwise fine. But i like to have control of that.
I was burned by this, just this week.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 AM

This problem can happen if you save the session to another drive/location.

But if you enter the disk allocation dialog and reset the paths the problem should go away.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:31 AM

I use PT 10 hours a day, six days a week, and I've never seen this.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.