Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Mac OS X \'Tiger\' compatibility information.

He who controls the mob controls the Digi forum indeed.... Sandwhich you are entertaining....and I dont mean that in a condescending manner. I just really dont think that anything anyone says on here is going to make Digi move any faster. I agree that it would be nice for them to give us a detailed list of whats going on....what exactly they have to do to make it work.....but what would be nice and what would be reasonable are different things. I dont think we should be expecting any free plug-ins because of the wait.....it simply wont happen. The fact will always remain that digi gave us a certain time frame for a release months ago and unless they miss that deadline drastically no appologies will be handed out, nor should they be expected.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:26 AM

Default ME NOT RECORDING

I agree CP. I don't think Digi really owes us anything (besides an update). In all fairness, they DID post the compatibility warning and HAVE given an expected release date. It's just a pain, not just for folks who upgraded without checking, but pretty much for ALL of us who are just simply eager to get the update. I think most of these posts are done in good humor (and boredom).

Speaking of boredom... here's one right back at ya sandwich! You're right, this does help the time go by faster... I love this forum.

ME NOT RECORDING
By: The 002 Crew
From the Album “As Whiny As We Wanna Be”

(Intro Spoken)
What do we get for two thousand dollars?
DIGI: Every-ting you want.
Everything?
DIGI: Every-ting!
(panting and moaning)

Sittin' at home with my Digi down,
LE update, it ain’t ready so I got no sound.
Went up onto the website, some-thin’ to occupy me.
Yo what's up Digi baby, the Tiger update ready?
Scrolled through pages of text, and arrived at this forum.
Having tons of song ideas but no way to record ‘em.

I'm like a G5 in heat, studios down without warning.
I have an appetite for update 'cause me not recording.
Oh, not recording....Ohh, not recording...Ohh, me not recording.
Me waiting long time.
Oh, not recording....Ohh, not recording....Ohh, me not recording.
Me waiting long time

TDM users always ask us why we whine so much
What's wrong DigiTech? Have you lost your touch?
'Cause you're the one who’s coding and you shouldn't be mad.
When the update hits the street we’ll all be so glad.
I know we'll all be toasting when we see that update posting.
We’ll give props to all your crew, when we can use our 0-0-2’s.

I'm like a geek in heat, from compatibility warnings.
My appetite's for the update, 'cause me not recording.

Me waiting long time.
Me waiting long time

It's true my ProTools system worked fine before Tiger LE.
But now my Digi 002 is getting dusty dusty.
You tell us LE users that the update soon will be out.
Could be till the end of June, or early July we’ll have to do without.
You said it yourself. You like it like I do.
Put your minds on that code and post the update soon.

I'm like a geek in heat, from compatibility warnings.
My appetite's for the update, 'cause me not recording.

Me waiting long time.
Me waiting long time.

Ray
Old 06-22-2005, 12:36 AM

ProTools has had bad customer service ever since when I can remember using them, I wish there was something else. Here I buy an MBox and can't even use it right now, so lame, TDM users are ok, but not the LE people, what a joke. Why isn't there something where we can sign up so they send us an email when we can download it, I need this thing asap.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:57 AM

Hy,
i think the same es you the customer service is very bad - ive sended 10 times now an email to the costomer service (ive needed to find the right email adress i think 1 hour) so this says to me that the costomer service dont like to exist ).

I like a update from my D-fi Serial number because with many searching ive readed that the old one works only up to version 6.4 - but never i got a answer!

Best regards
Marcus
Old 06-22-2005, 06:03 AM

Yes, my friends, Day 20 in my wait for this update and I have grown tired of all this crap. It's like PRS shipping me a guitar without any pickups and then saying, "oh, did you not know that somewhere on our website we made an announcement that we ran out of pickups and were having a Venician hand wind them on Venus so they won't be available till 2009, but hang in there, we're working on it.

But you know that would never ever ever happen with a company like PRS cause It was started by a musician who actually cares about his trade and his customers, probably true about every music company out there except Digidesign. I bought Tracktion 1 (now owned by Mackie, which is a great great company) and The actual guy who wrote it was in contact with me when I had issues with it. How's that for service!

I feel like smashing my 002 into a million small particles and sending it back to Digi one envelope at a time. By that time I will have woken up to myself and Bought a MOTU like I should have done in the first place.

Well friends, I need some cheering up. I got a Roland TD 10 and a world class drummer waiting to lay down tracks in my studio as of tonight and I can't record so much as a fart.

I have wrote an update for digi anyway, here it is

mac+002+tiger_2005_^%&*=crap{
002.__*+angrypeople=whogivesacrap?{}{}]
Digistaff="goaway"
{++++__ouchthathurt_UPDATE_PLEASE++==}{}{][].*()
Print_else_goto_set_var1=annoying

If_digi=awfulservice?==
Then go to MOTU or BEHRIGER(wowthatwasabitsilly).._

I can't even be bothered to finish.

AAAAARHHHHHARHHARHH ARHA RHAR HARHHHH ARHHHAR HARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH!

RAGE RAGE RAGE.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:31 AM

You know this really makes me furious. Back in the day I had an 8 track 'Pro Tools Studio System' There was one Pro Tools and the TDM part was gray if you did not have the full TDM system. Then came along LE. They took out the SMPTE timeline for years. They put out a long letter explaining that if they left a SMPTE timeline in their software then they woudl suffer terrible losses as Post houses would not purchase a TDM Mix system for each room and just have one inthe main room.

They eventually sold it back to us as the DV Toolkit.

My point.

1. None of this would be happening if they woudld just have one pro tools like they used to. And do not tell me it is not technically possible as one Pro Tools used to work on all Digi hardware.

2.Digi just fire your programmers,borrow some from Apple, they without question, have proven their incompetence to the world.

3.Digi explain how the far more sophisticated TDM verion got released for Tiger in a NY minute and you are stumped by the junior version???

Old 06-22-2005, 09:04 AM

Honestly, I think with PTLE digi is dealing with the Multiple Core Audio interfaces in Tiger and trying to find a way to make a driver for it without allowing multiple interfaces with PTLE; which would screw their proprietary hardware/software scam. In turn - Apple isn't that helpful in regards to Digi because they are a competitor.

Can't we all just get along???
Old 06-22-2005, 09:13 AM

Since Digi tests their updates on real releases of OSes on VARIOUS systems it would take them a while, but given that Apple has released one update and is releasing another shortly for Tiger, Digi has to certify PT to work on both updates as well and on various systems and thus would take them MUCH longer to test and work out major bugs if Apple keeps releasing serious updates like 10.4.1 and 10.4.2. I dont think they are "stumped" by it but rather simply trying to release a usable version.

http://www.Abravemix.com
Old 06-22-2005, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I think with PTLE digi is dealing with the Multiple Core Audio interfaces in Tiger and trying to find a way to make a driver for it without allowing multiple interfaces with PTLE; which would screw their proprietary hardware/software scam. In turn - Apple isn't that helpful in regards to Digi because they are a competitor.

Can't we all just get along???
I must reply with "COMPETITOR?!?!?!!!" I am sorry if it is logic you are referring to than you are sorely mislead, Apple cant touch Digi, Digi from the start has been a "Hardware" company that wrote a software gui to run that hardware, I dont see Apple releasing a logic studio console with an Apple I/O ect. If you are talking about Avid vs Final cut then than that has no relevance here.

http://www.Abravemix.com
Old 06-22-2005, 09:32 AM

Wow. Several pages ago, this thread was still somewhat interesting. Now it's just gone completely idiotic.

I'm as frustrated with this wait as the next PTLE/Tiger user, but the way some of you are blaming Digidesign for YOU not making sure YOUR hw/sw purchases were going to play nice together has me baffled. Not just that, but the degree to which you guys rant about the situation you got yourselves into.

I don't know how it can get any more plain and simple: Digi did not sell you something that doesn't work according to the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS which must be met in order to use it. You chose the hardware and the software and made the ASSUMPTION that all would be OK. Now you're living with it and blaming Digi. Digi can't predict the future, no matter how much you'd like them to. Do you really think the big Tiger issue existed back when they were creating the requirements list that ships with their hardware? Technology changes quickly. That's one reason company websites can be so useful - you can get up-to-date information on products you bought months and even years ago. Cool, huh? Some of the crap in this thread is so illogical I don't even know why I'm here (oh yeah, i'm eagerly awaiting the update too!).

The situation is nothing like like sandwichface's PRS analogy attempt. And people who spout out the 'what is so hard about fixing a few lines of code?' crap: give it up. If you have no idea what software development is like (esp. complex systems like audio software), don't use that kind of stuff as an argument. It just sounds stupid.
Closed Thread