Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2024, 01:54 PM

Default Significant Change To Avid Hardware Support Contract Reinstatement Terms

Just found this out yesterday through word of mouth. I didn't receive any warning from Avid. No reinstatement possible to Expert Plus hardware support after 2 years of expiration starting April 1. Ouch! My two year window was also yesterday.

Can anyone help me out today?

Serge
Old 03-31-2024, 06:49 AM
Avid

Default Re: Significant Change To Avid Hardware Support Contract Reinstatement Terms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Perron View Post
Just found this out yesterday through word of mouth. I didn't receive any warning from Avid. No reinstatement possible to Expert Plus hardware support after 2 years of expiration starting April 1. Ouch! My two year window was also yesterday.

Can anyone help me out today?

Serge
Hi Serge,

Let me check on this with the Avid Team and get back to you, but I might not be able to get answers right away since it's the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-31-2024, 08:22 AM
Avid

Default Re: Significant Change To Avid Hardware Support Contract Reinstatement Terms

Your dealer knew about this last year, please contact them. Out of interest what was the reason you didn't take out support and now you want to?
Old 03-31-2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
Hi Serge,

Let me check on this with the Avid Team and get back to you, but I might not be able to get answers right away since it's the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you

Thank you, Tope!
Old 03-31-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Your dealer knew about this last year, please contact them. Out of interest what was the reason you didn't take out support and now you want to?

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for chiming in. For the record, I contacted my dealer yesterday, March 30, and submitted a purchase order for reinstatement. It's all up in the air until Monday, though.

I'll PM you.

Serge
Old 03-31-2024, 12:48 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge Perron View Post
Hi Eddie,

Thank you for chiming in. For the record, I contacted my dealer yesterday, March 30, and submitted a purchase order for reinstatement. It's all up in the air until Monday, though.

I'll PM you.

Serge
You should be good then.
Old 03-31-2024, 01:11 PM

Quote:
You should be good then.

Sounds good, thanks Eddie!
Old 04-01-2024, 11:02 AM

Quote:
What if someone acquires a used S4 from an Avid reseller like Vintage King and after the Transfer of Ownership is complete the unit shows in My Products the Updates + Support expired more than 2 years ago? Is the new owner not able to get hardware coverage?
Old 04-01-2024, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
What if someone acquires a used S4 from an Avid reseller like Vintage King and after the Transfer of Ownership is complete the unit shows in My Products the Updates + Support expired more than 2 years ago? Is the new owner not able to get hardware coverage?
Resurface seems to be implying that. And that resellers will now be publishing the status of hardware coverage from now on for used consoles. So Vintage King would write that in their listing.
Old 04-01-2024, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Resurface seems to be implying that. And that resellers will now be publishing the status of hardware coverage from now on for used consoles. So Vintage King would write that in their listing.
I wonder what the options are if you acquire a used system past the 2 year hardware support deadline, but purchase additional new modules to install/expand the system.