Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM

Default Re: MC Control touch screen misreads coords of press

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We're working on a reimplementation of the app set to bring back some of the HUI-like configurations that you've been used to.
I must say Avid is turning into my favorite company. Pro Tools 9 was all anyone ever wanted and it really seems like you guys are listening. Bravo! Now lets get this Eucon on track and I couldnt be happier.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:05 AM

And old thread that i digged up!
I got a Euphonix for little and the touch screen is off here too. I did a calibration, over and over. But still buttons don't react or causes other functions to show up. Anything else i can do?

Last edited by Fokke van Saane; 11-23-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:49 AM

Same behavior here and it's always been that way. It requires a very precise tap of a fine point as opposed to the pad of your fingertip. I thought it was just inherent in the design but I've recently used one of the newer units (Avid branded) and it works exactly as you'd expect it to. Mine is a V2 (Euphonix branded) which I thought resolved the touch screen issues. Recalibration doesn't have ant effect on performance. The test mode yields somewhat random results as the crosshairs do not follow positioning when using my fingertip.

Not sure anything can be done if the recalibration is ineffective...short of replacing the screen.

-cb
Old 12-14-2013, 12:02 PM

I've found it helpful to use something other than a finger for calibration. I used my Wacom stylus and I've found the screen to be slightly more responsive now.

I'm using a Control v2 and I agree, having been used to iPhones and iPads the touchscreen is very lacking and not so great in terms of sensitivity and accuracy, which is a major bummer. But I did find my results increased slightly when I calibrated with the plastic Wacom stylus nub rather than my fingers.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverson View Post
I've found it helpful to use something other than a finger for calibration. I used my Wacom stylus and I've found the screen to be slightly more responsive now.

I'm using a Control v2 and I agree, having been used to iPhones and iPads the touchscreen is very lacking and not so great in terms of sensitivity and accuracy, which is a major bummer. But I did find my results increased slightly when I calibrated with the plastic Wacom stylus nub rather than my fingers.
Well, i did that too (with an Intuos) but it is still very off. If i press a button it might engage a function that is located halfway the other side of the screen. Pressing the touch screen with the Wacom pen is behaving as it should. But the MC control is not supplied with a pen. It should work with average sized fingers.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:07 AM

I too opted to calibrate with a Wacom pen but it also yielded the same results. Still opens actions elsewhere on the grid if I use my finger. If I use the pen, it's accurate.